Located just up the coast from Lima, the seafront town of Callao has been Peru’s most important port since the colonial era and remains the capital’s principal cruise port, receiving thousands of annual visitors. With easy transport links to the center of Lima, most cruise travelers find themselves heading straight into the city, but there are still a few worthwhile attractions to visit in Callao itself.
Explore the imposing Real Felipe Fortress, built during colonial times to protect the shores from pirate invasions and named after King Felipe V of Spain; hit the beach at La Punta; or discover Callao’s rich maritime history with a visit to the Abtao Submarine Museum and the Naval Museum. Callao is also the starting point for cruises to the Pacific islands of Palomino, Cabinzas and El Frontón, renowned for their variety of birdlife and sea lion colonies and a popular day trip from Lima.
Browse. Filter. Book.
Should I book Callao tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Callao 2020?
What's the best way to experience Callao?
- Visit the Sea Lions in Palomino Islands, in Lima Peru
- City Sightseeing Lima Panoramic Bus Tour
- Shore Excursion: 3-Day Tour to Machu Picchu from El Callao Port Lima
- Tour Real Felipe / Submarine Abtao
Things to do near Lima
- Things to do in Ica
- Things to do in Huaraz
- Things to do in Nazca
- Things to do in Sacred Valley
- Things to do in Cusco
- Things to do in Chachapoyas
- Things to do in Chiclayo
- Things to do in Arequipa
- Things to do in Puerto Maldonado
- Things to do in Puno
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in North Coast
- Things to do in Copacabana
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in North Chile