MGM Grand Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
MGM Grand’s top attraction is its MGM Grand Garden Arena, which has been hosting Vegas’ biggest events since the mid-’90s. Professional boxing championships are often the most sought-after tickets, but college sports, award shows, and concerts by major stars like Carrie Underwood also take place there. Additional entertainment at the hotel includes the magic of David Copperfield, the Cirque du Soleil show “KA,” and Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club.
Drinking and dining are in no short supply at MGM Grand, with nightclubs that host renowned DJs like Calvin Harris, the Wet Republic Ultra Pool (often part of Vegas pool party passes), and the Michelin 3-star Joël Robuchon restaurant.
Recent reviews from experiences in Las Vegas
Things to Know Before You Go
- MGM Grand is part of MGM Resorts and participates in the M life rewards program.
- The casino features a racebook and sportsbook in addition to tables, slots, and poker.
- If you are planning to walk along the Strip, make sure to give yourself plenty of time—it usually takes longer than you’d think to walk between the enormous resort properties.
How to Get There
MGM Grand sits on the northeast corner of Tropicana Avenue and S. Las Vegas Boulevard. Pedestrian bridges connect to the New York - New York and Tropicana hotels. MGM is on the Las Vegas Monorail line and the Deuce bus line.
When to Get There
“KA” performs twice a night from Saturday to Wednesday; the show is dark on Thursday and Friday. David Copperfield has two shows a night as well as a Saturday matinee. To catch an event at the Garden Arena, check the calendar on the MGM Grand website.
Topgolf Forget mini golf or your basic driving range—in Las Vegas, golf is taken up a notch at MGM Grand’s Topgolf, a 4-story venue with high-tech golf balls, interactive games, bars, cabanas, a pool, and a concert stage.
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in California
- New York - New York Hotel & Casino
- Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas
- Casino at the Tropicana Las Vegas
- Park MGM Las Vegas
- Excalibur Hotel & Casino
- Las Vegas CityCenter
- Luxor Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Bodies: The Exhibition
- Zappos Theater
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood
- V Theater
- Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Fountains of Bellagio