Seven Wells Waterfall (Telaga Tujuh Waterfall)
There is no charge to enter either the Telaga Tujuh Waterfall or the Machinchang Cambrian Geoforest Park (part of Langkawi UNESCO Global Geopark) to which the falls belong. They are typically visited as part of a day trip that takes in other northwest Langkawi sights, perhaps riding the Langkawi Cable Car to Mt. Mat Chinchang, or unwinding on Pasir Tengkorak Beach or Pantai Kok. Telaga Tujuh tours generally include ample time at the top of the falls to make up for the 1,000-odd steps that lead up to them, while the site also offers a range of jungle hikes.
Things to Know Before You Go
Telaga Tujuh Waterfall is a must for connoisseurs of natural beauty.
It’s worth wearing your swimsuit as there are no changing rooms at the top.
Don’t go beyond the barricade that blocks the top of the falls. People have died here.
Due to the large number of steps, Telaga Tujuh Waterfall isn’t suitable for travelers with disabilities.
How to Get There
Telaga Tujuh Waterfall is located in the northwest corner of Langkawi, about 1.5 miles (2.5 kilometers) from Pantai Kok. It’s possible to hike here from the top station of the Langkawi Cable Car following the Sky Trail, but most travelers either drive or join an organized tour. There’s a small fee for parking.
When to Get There
Water flow at Telaga Tujuh Waterfall can be variable, and at dry times of year the rock pools can be close to empty. The monsoon season (September and October) is the best time to visit, although the stairs to the top can be slippery. Arrive early in the day to beat the heat as you climb.
Monkey Business at Telaga Tujuh Waterfall
Telaga Tujuh Waterfall is located within the Langkawi Global Geopark, recognized by UNESCO as a site that’s not only geologically significant but culturally and naturally important. You’ll definitely see monkeys here, and you may well see hornbills. While the monkeys are already habituated to humans, please don’t feed them—and that means keeping food supplies well hidden, since they are expert thieves.
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Ko Yao Yai
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Oriental Village Langkawi
- Langkawi Cable Car (Langkawi SkyCab)
- Langkawi Sky Bridge
- Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi (Langkawi Crocodile Farm)
- Mt. Machinchang (Gunung Mat Chinchang)
- Atma Alam Batik Art Village
- Rice Museum (Laman Padi Langkawi)
- Underwater World Langkawi
- Langkawi Craft Complex (Kompleks Kraf Langkawi)
- Mahsuri's Tomb (Makam Mahsuri)
- Langkawi Beras Basah Island (Pulau Beras Basah)
- Tanjung Rhu
- Singa Besar Island (Pulau Singa Besar)
- Dayang Bunting Island (Pulau Dayang Bunting)
- Galeria Perdana