Comprised of 99 islands (five more at low tide) on Malaysia’s western coast, Langkawi is the postcard image of a tropical paradise. With Langkawi Island as a base, travelers come from around the globe to explore the archipelago. These are some of your best island-hopping options.
Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi (Langkawi Crocodile Farm)
Jalan Datai, Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia, 07000
While Crocodile Adventureland shares its site with a fully licensed crocodile farm, which transforms the critters into hide and meat for resale, the experience is family-friendly—with the 1,000-pound (453-kilogram) Bujang Lang giant crocodile a highlight for many kids. Watching the creatures leap for food, jaws snapping, is thrilling, and informative displays make it educational too. The on-site café dishes up Malaysian favorites such as nasi lemak and sweet milky coffee, while the gift shop sells croc-themed souvenirs. As there’s no public transport, many travelers visit on a tour.
Things to know before you go
- Crocodile Adventureland spans 10 acres (four hectares), much of it in the open air. Wear a hat and sunscreen.
- The crocodile park is family-friendly, but steps and walkways can be fiddly with strollers.
- Crocodile Adventureland is partially wheelchair accessible.
How to get there
Crocodile Adventureland sits in northwest Langkawi, on the road to Datai Bay, about a 20-mile (32-kilometer) drive from Kuah. Langkawi has no public transport so your easiest options are to drive yourself or book a tour with transfers.
When to get there
Crocodile Adventureland is open from mid-morning until early evening seven days a week. The program of shows and activities runs both morning and afternoon, with a short break for lunch.
Things to Do in Langkawi with Kids
Langkawi has more than just crocodiles to offer families with kids. Older adventurers will love an all-terrain vehicle safari or racing through the jungle on ziplines such as Umgawa Legendary Adventure. Kids of all ages will learn loads on a Kilim River mangrove tour and thrive on an island-hopping cruise. Or take to the skies, riding the Langkawi Cable Car or braving the vertiginous Langkawi Sky Bridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi (Langkawi Crocodile Farm)?
What else should I know about attractions in Langkawi?
- Mt. Machinchang (Gunung Mat Chinchang)
- Seven Wells Waterfall (Telaga Tujuh Waterfall)
- Langkawi Cable Car (Langkawi SkyCab)
- Oriental Village Langkawi
- Langkawi Sky Bridge
- Atma Alam Batik Art Village
- Langkawi Craft Complex (Kompleks Kraf Langkawi)
- Mahsuri's Tomb (Makam Mahsuri)
- Rice Museum (Laman Padi Langkawi)
- Underwater World Langkawi
- Tanjung Rhu
- Galeria Perdana
- Eagle Square (Dataran Lang)
- Lagenda Park (Taman Lagenda)
- Pulau Payar Marine Park