Kid-Friendly Winter Activities in Lake Tahoe
While skiing and snowboarding are the main events of most wintertime trips to Lake Tahoe, there are a variety of snow-centric activities to keep your kids entertained outdoors. Here are a few top ways to experience this alpine destination on the California–Nevada border.
- Discover a network of snowy trails with a snowshoeing tour or rental from South Lake Tahoe.
- Prepare for a day of skiing at one of Lake Tahoe’s many ski resorts with a convenient ski or snowboard rental package.
- Take a scenic ride on the Heavenly Mountain Resort gondola for a panoramic view of Lake Tahoe on the way up to the Tamarack Lodge for hot chocolate.
- Enjoy a beginner horseback ride through a winter wonderland.
- Head to Northstar California ski resort for ice skating.
- Cozy up with the family on a horse-drawn sleigh ride at Sand Harbor Nevada State Park.