Villa Melzi Gardens (Giardini di Villa Melzi)
The stately Villa Melzi d’Eril sits at the edge of Lake Como in the picturesque town of Bellagio, while the peaceful Villa Melzi Gardens(Giardini di Villa Melzi) stretch out around it, hugging the lake. Both the villa and gardens were built in the early 19th century as the summer home for an Italian duke. The gardens were designed in the English style with statues, and the grounds include a traditional orangery (which today houses a museum) and a small chapel. Inside the museum, you'll find a bust of Napoleon and a set of ceremonial keys to the city of Milan. The small chapel is where the Melzi family is entombed.
While the villa itself is not open to the public, there are lots of walking paths through the gardens, ideal for getting away from the crowds in Bellagio. Some of the paths run right along the lake, with blooming plants on the opposite side and benches placed along the path so you can stop and enjoy the view for awhile. Visit the gardens on a full-day walking and boating tour of Lake Como to explore the nearby city of Varenna, taste local olive oil, and enjoy a boat ride across the lake.
Browse. Filter. Book
What are Villa Melzi Gardens (Giardini di Villa Melzi) hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Villa Melzi Gardens (Giardini di Villa Melzi)?
- Bellagio Walking Tour, Villa Melzi & Lunch
- Villa Balbianello and Flavors of Lake Como Walking and Boating Full-Day Tour
- Bellagio & Varenna, Lake Como, private guided tour
- Bellagio, the pearl of lake Como. The village and the surrounding area
Things to do near Lake Como
- Things to do in Lombardy
- Things to do in Bergamo
- Things to do in Lake Maggiore
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Davos
- Things to do in Castelletto di Branduzzo
- Things to do in Grindelwald
- Things to do in Interlaken
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Swiss Alps
- Things to do in Central Switzerland