Kusadasi Cruise Port Tours
Read MoreShow Less
One of the most popular resort towns along Turkey’s Aegean Coast and the gateway to the UNESCO-listed wonders of Ephesus, the Kusadasi cruise port welcomes some 200,000 cruise passengers each year. It’s also a jumping-off point for regular ferry service to the surrounding Greek Islands.
A popular shore excursion from Kusadasi is to Ephesus; the ruins of the ancient Greek city are among the most remarkable in Turkey. It’s possible to take in Ephesus highlights on a half-day tour, but full-day tours mean you can include a stop at other significant sites along the way. See the House of the Virgin Mary, believed to be Mary’s place of death; visit the site of the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World; or browse the artisan workshops in Şirince village.
In Kusadasi, the main attractions include the hilltop fortress on Pigeon Island (accessible by a footbridge just across from the port) and the old town of Kaleici, where the bazaars are a great place to shop for traditional handicrafts and souvenirs.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Most shore excursions include port pickup, round-trip transport, and entrance tickets. Many also include lunch.
- Exploring the ancient ruins means lots of time outdoors with little shade—bring a hat, sunscreen, and plenty of water..
- Visitors to religious sites in Turkey are required to wear modest clothing that covers the shoulders and knees. Women might also be asked to cover their hair (wraps are typically provided).
- The ruins of Ephesus and other sites may be difficult to navigate for wheelchair users or strollers; consider booking a tour that caters to your needs.
- If you opt not to visit the ruins, a beach in Kusadasi is within walking distance of the cruise port.
How to Get to Kusadasi from the Kusadasi Cruise Port
The cruise port is located right in the heart of Kusadasi, and it’s an easy 5-minute walk to the main shopping area. For those traveling further or with luggage, taxis are also readily available at the port.
The cruise ship terminal is part of the Scala Nuova mall, which has a variety of Western-style shops and restaurants, as well as an ATM and currency exchange. The currency is the Turkish lira, although euros and US dollars may be accepted at some stores. Turkish is the official language, but it’s typically easy to get by in English.
Address: Kusadasi, Turkey
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Kusadasi Cruise Port
No results found!
Things to do near Kusadasi
- Things to do in Turkish Riviera
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Kos
- Things to do in Muğla
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Denizli
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Rhodes
- Things to do in Sarigerme
- Things to do in Fethiye
- Things to do in Santorini
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- Things to do in Dodecanese