Kuching Old Court House Tours and Activities
Kuching Old Court House, now officially known as the Sarawak Tourism Complex, was used as the seat of Sarawak’s judicial branch from when it was built in 1871 until 1973. The complex encompasses a series of architecturally interesting structures, like the colonial-Baroque clock tower — the complex’s most recognizable building — added in 1883 and the English Renaissance/English Colonial Pavilion Building, added in 1909 and currently home to the Textile Museum.
Other points of interest include the Round Tower, built in 1886 as a fort and later converted to a dispensary and most recently the headquarters of the Sarawak Craft Council, and the Charles Brooke Memorial, added in 1924 to honor the second white rajah of Sarawak.
Kuching Old Court House complex is situated near the Kuching Esplanade and makes for a pleasant stroll with some nice architectural photo ops. A small cafe with courtyard seating offers a place for travelers to rest their feet over a cup of coffee.
Tours and Activities to Experience Kuching Old Court House
Frequently Asked Questions
- Half Day Kuching City Tour
- Kuching Half Day City Tour with Local Host
- Kuching City Sightseeing Tour with Sarawak Museum
- Private Arrival Transfer : Kuching International Airport (Sarawak) to Hotel
- Things to do in Sarawak
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Kota Kinabalu
- Things to do in Jakarta
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Sandakan
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Sabah
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Things to do in East Java
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam