Monsopiad Cultural Village Tours and Activities
Located along the banks of the Penampang River, just 16 kilometers the bustling capital of Sabah, the Monsopiad Cultural Village is a living, breathing museum that aims to give visitors an insight into the history and culture of the Kadazandusun people.
The village is named after a notorious Kadazan warrior and headhunter who lived in the area hundreds of years ago. The village as it stands today was established by the descendants of Monsopiad in 1996 to serve as a heritage center.
There are a number of historical artifacts on display, as well as demonstrations of traditional customs and trades. One of the main attractions is the somewhat grizzly House of Skulls, where Monsopiad kept the skulls of his enemies as trophies.
Tours and Activities to Experience Monsopiad Cultural Village
Frequently Asked Questions
- Monsopiad Cultural Village Tour from Kota Kinabalu
- Monsopiad Cultural Village Visit with Private Transfer from Kota Kinabalu
- Things to do in Sabah
- Things to do in Sandakan
- Things to do in Puerto Princesa
- Things to do in Kuching
- Things to do in Boracay
- Things to do in Panay Island
- Things to do in Cebu
- Things to do in Palawan
- Things to do in Visayas
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Things to do in Central Vietnam