Koh Kradan (Ko Kradan) Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Just south of bustling Ko Lanta is the picturesque Thai island of Koh Kradan (Ko Kradan). Most of Kradan island is a national park—perfect for hikers—and the 1.25 miles (2 kilometers) of sandy beach offer visitors a serene place to relax. Plus Koh Kradan is surrounded by crystal-clear waters teeming with marine life, great for divers and snorkelers.
The remote island of Koh Kradan is part of the Hat Chao Mai National Park, controlled by the Thai government. The island is ideal for visitors who want to soak up the sun on coral sand beaches, and enjoy the beautiful fauna and flora of the island and surrounding waters. Most full-day tours to Koh Kradan leave from Ko Lanta and also visit the nearby islands of Koh Chuak, Koh Mook, and Koh Ngai.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Koh Kradan is a must-visit for nature lovers and underwater wildlife enthusiasts.
- Tours typically include hotel pickup and drop-off on Ko Lanta as well as lunch and snorkeling gear.
- There are no ATMs or medical clinics on remote Koh Kradan.
- There are fewer than 10 resorts on the island, ranging from budget rooms to luxury bungalows.
How to Get There
Koh Kradan is located off the western coast of Thailand in the Trang province. The only way to access Koh Kradan is by boat. From the mainland, take the ferry from Trang’s Hat Yao Pier to Koh Kradan. Ferry service also operates from Koh Lanta to Koh Kradan, as do full-day tours.
When to Get There
The best time to visit Koh Kradan—and Thailand in general—is during the dry season, November to April. During the rainy season, from May to October, most of the resorts on Koh Kradan and the other Trang islands are closed and tourism activity is limited.
The opportunity to get married underwater is a rare one, but every year Koh Kradan hosts subaqueous wedding ceremonies around Valentine’s Day. Scuba diving couples are whisked out to sea, partake in a traditional blessing ceremony, and then head under the surface with a representative of the district office to tie the knot. Only qualified divers may take part in the underwater weddings, and newlyweds leave with a waterproof marriage certificate.
5 Tours and Activities to Experience Koh Kradan (Ko Kradan)
• This extremely popular tour, in a one-day package, is designed to see the four most famous islands of the Trang Sea. • Explore and visit the Emerald cave (Unseen in Thailand). • Enjoy snorkeling and sightseeing with an abundance of marine life in the coral reef. • Enjoy swimming in the crystal clear water with beautiful beach and spend more time for relaxing. • Discover beautiful sea with a lot of clown fish (Nemo Fish) and aquatic animal. • Enjoy lunch, free time for relaxing and sunbathing on the beach(Kradan Island).
Taking safety measures
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
For an Insta-perfect island-hopping adventure, look no further than this classic 4-island tour by speedboat, including Emerald Cave (Tham Morakot), a gleaming lagoon accessed through a dark cave. Look for clownfish, parrotfish, and more as you snorkel the reef around Ko Ngai, Koh Chuak, and Koh Kradan, and savor a delicious buffet lunch on a paradise island. Your comprehensive package includes guide, hotel transfers, and snorkel essentials.
Explore the beaches, caves, and coral reefs surrounding Koh Lanta on a full-day tour of the four southern islands. Visit Koh Chuak, Koh Mook, Koh Kradan, and Koh Ngai on a comfortable, big boat, and spend the day snorkeling, swimming, and enjoying the Andaman Sea sunshine. This full-day tour includes a buffet lunch, national park entrance fees, and all activities, as well as pickup and drop-off at your Koh Lanta hotel.
Go adventuring around the islands of Thailand on this day trip by speedboat from Koh Lanta to Koh Chuek, Koh Kradan, Koh Mook, Koh Ngai and Koh Mah. You’ll enjoy water activities and beach time, plus check out the Emerald Cave with a lagoon and 280-foot (85-meter) tunnel.
Dive into the paradise-like islands off Koh Lanta without the inconveniences of catching public ferries on this full-day boat tour. Settle onto a speedboat, and absorb the scenery as you zoom toward Koh Mook. Stop here for a guided swim through the Emerald Cave, and then continue to three other islands for beach time and snorkel sessions in the coral-filled, aquamarine waters. Hotel pickup and drop-off make your day complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What's the best way to experience Koh Kradan (Ko Kradan)?
The best ways to experience Koh Kradan (Ko Kradan) are:
- Snorkeling Tour to 4 Islands(Emerald Cave) From Koh Lanta by Speedboat
- Oneday Tour 4 Islands and Emerald Cave By Tin Adventure Sea Tour from Koh Lanta
- 4 Island Tour to Emerald Cave at Koh Mook by Big Boat from Koh Lanta
- 4 Island Snorkel Tour to Emerald Cave by Speed Boat from Koh Lanta
Things to do near Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Khao Lak
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand