Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Using projections and special effects, this immersive exhibition focuses on the ecology of Loch Ness and the mysterious monster that supposedly swims its waters. Curious visitors find out about the lake habitat and the likelihood of a monster surviving here, as well as learning about previous monster hunts, research missions, and hoaxes.
The Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition is spread across seven themed areas, each offering high-tech multimedia presentations focusing on Scotland’s most storied loch. Visitors can review the evidence regarding Nessie’s existence with exhibits that help separate fact from fiction. Organized tours from Inverness often combine a visit to the Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition with a cruise on the lake itself, and—on some tours—a trip to the ruins of Urquhart Castle, an atmospheric medieval fortress set on the banks of Loch Ness.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition is a must-see for those who want to delve into the Loch Ness Monster mystery.
- Travel light. The center has no left luggage facilities so avoid bringing anything bigger than a backpack.
- A coffee shop serving drinks and casual meals can be found at the center, as can a gift shop selling Nessie-themed souvenirs.
- The Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
The Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition is located in Drumnadrochit, 14.5 miles (23 kilometers) south of Inverness. Public transport (bus lines 17,19, 119, and 919) connect Inverness to Drumnadrochit, but departures can be infrequent at times. The easiest way for car-free travelers to go is by organized tour.
When to Get There
The center is open year-round, and is at its quietest first thing in the morning and at last entry. For visitors who want to combine a trip to the center with a cruise on Loch Ness, note that some operators only offer boat cruises between Easter and October.
Key Events in the Nessie Timeline
At the center, visitors can learn all about the important Nessie sightings and research expeditions that have taken place over the years. Among the most famous monster hunt expeditions was that involving the tiny Machan submarine in the 1970s (the submarine is on show here at the center) and Operation Deepscan in 1987, which utilized cutting-edge sonar equipment to trawl the vast loch.
Address: Inverness, Scotland
1 Tours and Activities to Experience Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition
What a lovely way to see the Scottish Countryside as you meander through beautiful Highland villages and take in the amazing scenery en-route to your stops in Inverness, Dochgarroch, Urquhart Castle, Drumnadrochit and Beauly before returning to your starting point.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What's the best way to experience Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition?
The best ways to experience Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition are:See all Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition experiences on Viator.
Things to do near Inverness
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Aberdeen
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Londonderry
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Blackpool
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in North East England