Originally built in 1635, Château d'Auvers-Sur-Oise is the gorgeous castle where Vincent Van Gogh famously spent the last 70 days of life. Consequently, the site now features a fascinating exhibit dedicated to Impressionism and works to immerse visitors in 19th-century Parisian life.
At the time of construction, the château featured a splendid Louis XIII facade, along with lavish Tivoli-inspired gardens with numerous fountains and orangeries. While the façade still exists today, the rest of the castle was significantly renovated in 1662 to make it inherently French and considerably larger, with two new pavilions.Nowadays, the castle is entirely dedicated to impressionists and features exciting highlights, including holograms of household painters like Renoir and Monet, an interpretation center with interactive terminals and even a simulated steam train whizzing through Haussmann-era Paris.
What are Château d’Auvers-sur-Oise hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Château d’Auvers-sur-Oise?
- Giverny - Auvers Van Gogh Full Day Private Guided Tour from Paris
- Van Gogh tour by Vespa Scooter - Private Experience
- Excursion in Auvers-sur-Oise, Museum of Impressionism, home of Van Gogh and more
Things to do near Île-de-France
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Versailles
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in Rouen
- Things to do in Reims
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Loire Valley
- Things to do in Burgundy
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Brittany