Finca La Gloria
La Gloria was opened by German expats who escaped to Mexico after World War II; today, its owners still employ traditional coffee-making techniques. During harvest season, visitors can observe the complete coffee-production process from crop to cup. The easiest way to visit the coffee farm is on a day trip from Huatulco, and travelers who want to avoid the hassle of renting a car in Mexico can opt for a tour that includes round-trip transport.
Things to Know Before You Go
Finca La Gloria is a must-see for nature lovers and coffee aficionados.
Opt for a day trip that includes hotel pickup and drop-off.
Wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking over uneven surfaces, and bring a hat, bug spray, and sunblock.
How to Get There
The coffee farm is located in the Sierra Madre de Oaxaca, about a 90-minute drive over rough, unpaved roads from Huatulco. It can be difficult to find on your own, and most visitors arrive as part of a tour that includes round-trip transport. If you’re driving, take Highway 200.
When to Get There
Finca La Gloria can be visited year-round, and it’s rarely crowded. Plan to arrive early so you have enough time to hike to the nearby Llano Grande Waterfall. Wet weather during rainy season (June to October) can make the drive to the farm more difficult.
Llano Grande Waterfall
After a visit to La Gloria, follow a scenic river trail to the Llano Grande Waterfall. Splash around at the base of the cascading waterfalls, leap off the rocks, or swing from a rope suspended over a 20-foot (6-meter) platform into the shallow pools below. Tours from Huatulco typically include round-trip transport and visit the coffee farm, butterfly sanctuary, and waterfall.
- Huatulco National Park (Parque Nacional Huatulco)
- La Crucecita
- Maguey Bay (Bahía Maguey)
- Santa Cruz Bay (Bahía Santa Cruz)
- Órgano Bay (Bahía Órgano)
- Playa La Entrega (La Entrega Bay)
- Chachacual Bay
- Tangolunda Bay (Bahía Tangolunda)
- San Agustin Bay (Bahía San Agustín)
- Copalita River (Río Copalita)
- Copalita Ecological Park and Ruins (Parque Eco Arqueológico Copalita)
- Zipolite Beach (Playa Zipolite)
- Mexican Turtle Center (Centro Mexicano de la Tortuga)
- Cacaluta Bay (Bahia de Cacaluta)
- La Ventanilla