Set high in the peaks of the Peruvian Andes, Mt. Alpamayo is regarded by climbers as the most beautiful mountain in the world. Topping out at 19,500 ft. (5,909m) above sea level, Alpamayo is a serious climb for fit and experienced alpinists—but also enough of a straightforward climb that athletic travelers that hire a guide have a chance of reaching the summit.
Climbing the mountain can take 8-10 days depending on fitness and conditions, but if you don’t feel the need to reach the summit but still want to experience the beauty, you can book an 11-day circuit trek that encircles Alpamayo’s base. In a country with such a wealth of treks, this circuit can arguably compete with some of the best hiking trips in Peru, where views look out at the tallest tropical mountains found anywhere in the world, and explores the heart of a Quechua culture that still thrives up here in these hills.
What's the best way to experience Mt. Alpamayo?
- Alpamayo Trek 13 days Support Comunity Program
- Alpamayo Trek 12 days - Comunity Support Program
- Alpamayo Trek 11 days - Comunity Support Program
- Alpamayo Trek 11 days Garampayoc - Comunity Support
Things to do near Huaraz
- Things to do in Lima
- Things to do in Chachapoyas
- Things to do in Chiclayo
- Things to do in Ica
- Things to do in Nazca
- Things to do in Sacred Valley
- Things to do in Cusco
- Things to do in Cuenca
- Things to do in Iquitos
- Things to do in Guayaquil
- Things to do in North Coast
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Baños
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in Andes