George Ranch Historical Park Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Experience life on a 19th-century Texan ranch at the George Ranch Historical Park, a living history museum set around a 20,000-acre (8,094-hectare) family ranch. The interactive visits are great fun for all ages, as you explore historic buildings, watch the ranchers at work, and see the livestock.
Learn about ranch life over the years as you stop by the four historic houses: the 1830s Jones Stock Farm, the 1860s Ryon Prairie Home, the 1890s Davis Victorian Complex, and the 1930s George Home & Cattle Complex. Chat with costumed guides, watch demonstrations by blacksmiths and cowboys, and help out around the ranch. Wrap up your visit with a stroll along the George Ranch Heritage Trail, looking out for alligators, red-eared sliders, and birds.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The admission fee includes all ranch activities, and children under age 3 are free.
- Pack a picnic and take plenty of water—the ranch has an on-site gift shop but no restaurant.
- Most of the park is accessible to wheelchairs and strollers. A tractor-drawn tram is available to transport visitors between attractions.
How to Get There
The George Ranch Historical Park is located in Richmond, about 30 miles (48 kilometers) southwest of Houston. The only way to get there is by car—the ranch is about a 30-minute drive from downtown Houston, along US 59 South. Parking is plentiful.
When to Get There
The ranch is usually open to visitors Tuesday through Saturday during daytime hours. To participate in all the activities and demos, arrive at the ranch before 1:30pm, and plan to spend at least three hours there. The ranch also hosts a variety of annual events, such as the George Ranch Rodeo, Christmas and summer campfires, and seasonal festivals.
Where to Find More Family Fun in Houston
Besides the George Ranch Historical Park, Houston has plenty of other entertaining things to do with kids. Head to the Children’s Museum of Houston, an educational playground for the under 12 set; check out Houston Zoo or rent a pedal boat in Hermann Park; and enjoy outdoor activities at Buffalo Bayou. Other options include Space Center Houston, the Downtown Aquarium, and the Hurricane Harbor Splashtown water park.
Address: 10215 FM 762 Rd, Richmond, TX 77469, USA
2 Tours and Activities to Experience George Ranch Historical Park
1. Have fun seeing around Houston guided by our professional bilingual tour escort. 2. Visit top-selected spots in Houston and take in some unique experience in central America. 3. Packed one-day trip of sports, academy, nature and science!
1. In-Depth sightseeing within most of attractions. Get to know why everything is bigger in Texas or Texas size. 2. Hotel breakfast included every day, enjoy the breakfast before we start the tour. 3. Learn the spirit of “Cowboy culture”, enjoy the world famous “Rodeo”, have a taste of “Texas Steak”. 4. Guests will have a chance to see the NBA games. 5. Visit Rice University, University of Texas at Austin. 6. Gulf of Mexico Dolphins Cruise、NASA Space Center. 7. Texas State house and military museum. Departure date Wednesday, Thursday D1 Hometown-Houston (Airport-pickup) D2 Houston In-Depth Tour D3 Houston-Fort Worth D4 Fort Worth-Dallas D5 Austin-San Antonio D6 San Antonio-Houston D7 Houston City Tour Departure date Friday D1 Hometown-Houston (Airport-pickup) D2 Houston-Fort Worth D3 Fort Worth-Dallas D4 Austin-San Antonio D5 San Antonio-Houston D6 Houston In-Depth Tour D7 Houston City Tour
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What's the best way to experience George Ranch Historical Park?
The best ways to experience George Ranch Historical Park are:See all George Ranch Historical Park experiences on Viator.
Things to do near Houston
- Things to do in Texas
- Things to do in Galveston
- Things to do in Austin
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Fredericksburg
- Things to do in Dallas
- Things to do in South Padre Island
- Things to do in New Orleans
- Things to do in Monterrey
- Things to do in Orange Beach
- Things to do in Memphis
- Things to do in Branson
- Things to do in Destin
- Things to do in Louisiana
- Things to do in Alabama