Saigon Central Post Office
Few major cities count the post office among their top tourist attractions, but the classic interior of Saigon Central Post Office continues to be a favorite destination among travelers visiting Ho Chi Minh City for the first time. It’s such a hit with visitors that it’s almost always included on city sightseeing tours, along with other top attractions such as Reunification Palace, the War Remnants Museum, and Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral. The post office is also a stop on the Ho Chi Minh City hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus—a fun and convenient way for independent travelers to tour the city at their own pace.
Things to Know Before You Go
Saigon Central Post Office is a must-visit for architecture buffs and first-time visitors.
Bring your camera; the building’s interior is truly photo worthy.
Remember to keep your voice down inside, as this is an active workplace.
How to Get There
Saigon Central Post Office is located across the street from Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral, near the corner of Nguyen Du and Cong xa Paris. It’s within walking distance of the Cong xa Paris bus stop.
When to Get There
The post office is open daily throughout the year, with shorter hours on Saturdays and Sundays. Come during daylight hours when the interior is at its most photogenic.
The Man Behind the Building
You might have heard, falsely, that this French colonial gem was the work of Gustave Eiffel, the man behind the iconic Eiffel Tower in Paris. In fact, Saigon Central Post Office was the last work of Marie-Alfred Foulhoux, one of the city’s most influential architects.
- Paris Square (Cong Truong Cong Xa Paris)
- Vietnam Cookery Center
- Reunification Palace (Independence Palace)
- Saigon Opera House (Opéra de Saïgon)
- Dong Khoi Street (Duong Dong Khoi)
- Ben Thanh Market (Cho Ben Thanh)
- War Remnants Museum (Bao Tang Chung Tich Chien Tranh)
- Can Gio Mangrove Biosphere Reserve
- Saigon Skydeck
- Bitexco Financial Tower
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Tao Dan Park
- Jade Emperor Pagoda
- Pham Ngu Lao Street
- Ho Chi Minh City Cruise Ports
- Cruising the Mekong Delta
- Ho Chi Minh City Water Puppets
- 3-Days in Ho Chi Minh City: Suggested Itineraries
- Vietnam War Tours
- How to Spend 3 Days in Ho Chi Minh City
- Food Lover's Guide to Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam War History Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
- Mekong River Cruises from Ho Chi Minh City
- How to Spend 2 Days in Ho Chi Minh City
- How to Spend 1 Day in Ho Chi Minh City
- Water Puppet Shows in Ho Chi Minh City