Top Heraklion Outdoor Activities
67 results | All Heraklion Tours
* A traveler said: "Was very good expidrence. Guides were very knowligible and we saw a lot in One day. We saw Knossos, had pottery class,lunch in vilige was great."
* A traveler said: "Hello, I thinck Very very good excursions and guides... Its fantastics. Tank you vert mutch Virginie and Jacqueline"
* A traveler said: "What an incredible trip throughout Crete! It was amazing to visit some of the smaller Creten towns and receive such warm hospitality. The lunch with the group was excellent and I felt like we had a small family. Marinos was a great tour guide!"
* A traveler said: "Eddie the guide was fantastic. Informative, amusing, extremely helpful and patient. Got to see some of the real crete."
* A traveler said: "This was an excellent tour. Our guides were excel Liam’s very friendly. They took us to many great places--we visited specialty shops, 2 wineries, bakery and an Awesome Taberna for a huge lunch, it was a great day and I would have been very hard pressed to find all of these places without a guide. Highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "One of the best tours ever, Pierre was spot on and knew not only about wines but the history of Crete. Then he took us to this magnificent restaurant where the chef paired or wines with the dishes."
* A traveler said: "They were incredible! 11/10. Marilena was one of the best guides we have ever had. Dimitrios was a fantastic driver and very helpful. I really can’t stress how perfect they were. It was a great day and they both went out of their way to ensure we had a through and authentic experience."
* A traveler said: "Great guide who was really building the program around our interests. Very knowledgeable and really nice person. The selected wineries were great as well as the restaurant. It was an all around very nice day"
* A traveler said: "This was an amazing excursion. The horse ride was wonderful and the views were absolutely stunning. The food was fantastic and home cooked. The ranch was homey and the dogs and horses were so friendly. Our guide Aqib was wonderful. Gregory and Irene were phenomenal, friendly, and felt like family. Highly recommend. Wonderful wonderful people and tour."
* A traveler said: "I really enjoyed the experience. I mean, if you don't have a semi-decent to a solid set of core muscles, you are going to hate life and all of creation. But, I mean, it's no lazy stroll around the fish pond. The first near half of the hike is downhill and steep. Do not underestimate that steepness. I've hiked insane hikes in Gunnison National Park (Colorado, US) and others. This hike was its own adventure: for the muscles and soul. Pretty sure my guardian angel walked out on me after. It's all good; I'm sure another will take up the helm. I had Marcos from Orange Tours, and he was great. He's funny, light-hearted, and has more energy than he probably should. He's great. A tip, when your guide says, "I won't bore you with the history," but then says, "if you have questions, ask, or this is your time for the mic," that means they are leaving the floor open for you. I read someone complains about the lack of history . . . dude, Marcos went one-by-one asking people, answering people, and so forth. I mean, it really was personalized. The sack lunches were sweet, as trail mix and fruit will not cut it on this one. Also, refill along the trail. The water is cold, it is good, and you will need it."
* A traveler said: "Alex was a wonderful host and made sure we saw the best parts of historic Heraklion; just be careful of the Cretan Water at lunch!"
* A traveler said: "Fantastic trip out! Hotel pick up. Masks worn on the bus which wasn’t too busy at all considering it’s August! When we got to the gorge it was a little busy mainly with Greek tourists not practicing social distancing. The trek is so long that eventually your displaced with other walkers and find yourself walking peacefully with no one around. Plenty of rest places and toilets on the way. Most people wearing trainers. It’s a well trodden trail and pathways wide enough to pass slower walkers where needed. The most arduous part I found was leaving the park and walking to the little tourist town by the beach. You can take a bus for €2 if you wish. Highly recommend this trip for the scenery. Warning your leg muscles will ache the next day!"
* A traveler said: "We had a wonderful time exploring Crete and its deserts and remote areas. Our wonderful tour guide, Louise, was a pleasure to be around with. We were placed in a group of exclusively French tourist, but that did not hinder Louise from taking good care of us during the excursion. I also want to note that they did call us and offered us to reschedule to be in a German group, but we did not want to wait a day longer and were fine being with the French. So noboyis placed in a group where they fell uncomfortable or they don't understand the language. We got to see a lot of beautiful things and had a a great time exploring Crete. Louise was a great tour guide and made it fun to be around. It was a pleasure having her with us. We highly recommend this trip as we had a lot of fun and got to see awesome places in good company. Kudos to the team and the organisation."
* A traveler said: "Guide Mariana welcoming and generous with information, driver excellent. Great varied day at gorge and beach, loved it."
* A traveler said: "Amazing sailing trip, the boat was beautiful and the skipper very attentive and super nice. Also the lunch was delicious and drinks were served frequently. I can only recommend to book this trip!!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Full-Day Land Rover Safari from Heraklion with Lunch
- Zeus Cave-Traditional-Villages-Old Wind Mills-Olive Oil Factory-Small Group.
- Private Gastronomy Tour to Central Crete
- Private Wine, Olive Oil, and Terroir Tour of Heraklion area with Tastings
- Mythical Escape: Cave of Zeus & Knossos Palace with Lassithi Plateau
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Active & Outdoor Classes
- Fun & Games
- Motor Sports
- Nature and Wildlife
- On the Ground
- On the Water
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences