Warehouse District Museum (Speicherstadtmuseum) Tours and Activities
Speicherstadt is one of the largest warehouse districts in the world, and the Warehouse District Museum (Speicherstadtmuseum) sits inside a warehouse built in 1888. Here, visitors can learn how goods have been shipped throughout the world by way of Hamburg for years. Featured are typical tools and imported goods that demonstrate the work of warehouse workers, as well as displays highlighting the weighing and sampling of goods, the refinement process and all of the considerations that must be made in the storage of valuable, imported goods such as coffee, cocoa, tobacco and rubber.
The museum hosts some exhibits on the tea and coffee trade, while another features photos and blueprints that show the history of Speicherstadt’s sconstruction. Visitors can also learn about the men who used to transport goods to the warehouses on barges.
The Warehouse District Museum holds regular guided tours, tea tastings and crime-thriller readings. There is also a cafe where you can get hot and cold drinks and cake, plus a museum shop filled with gifts and merchandise.
Tours and Activities to Experience Warehouse District Museum (Speicherstadtmuseum)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hamburg City Pass: One Day or Multi-Day Pass
- Hamburg Half Day Walking Tour with a Local: 100% Personalized & Private ★★★★★
- Things to do in Northern Germany
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in Potsdam
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Copenhagen
- Things to do in Cologne
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Eindhoven
- Things to do in Frankfurt
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in North Holland