Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg, Germany, is definitely not your everyday miniature railroad. It’s the largest miniature railroad in the world, and it’s an entire world at a perfect, small scale — one that took 500,000 working hours to create. From software-controlled fire trucks putting out fires in tiny neighborhoods to a 20-foot (6 meter) tall Swiss mountain with alpine skiers and brick tunnels with perfectly timed trains, the features of the different points of interest inside the ‘wonderland’ are not only in perfect working order, they’re filled with details that you could explore for days. Like a ‘Where’s Waldo’ book come to life, the 8 miles (13km) of tracks that wind through Miniatur Wunderland take the visitor on a tour of a tiny world that is utterly fascinating. The airport just might be the world’s most perfect flight simulator, with every possible detail in miniature. There’s a mini Grand Canyon and a mini Las Vegas. ‘Days’ in the different cities last just under an hour, and when night falls each of the city lights come on and different characters come out to play. Spoiler alert: there’s a red-light district, lovers getting frisky in a flowery meadow, and even murder scenes!
Tours and tickets to Experience Miniatur Wunderland
Should I book Miniatur Wunderland tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Miniatur Wunderland 2021?
What's the best way to experience Miniatur Wunderland?
- Hamburg Card
- Kickstart Your Trip To Hamburg With A Local: Private & Personalized
- Private Hamburg Walking Tour With A Local
- Elbe Philharmonic Hall, HafenCity and Speicherstadt tour
Things to do near Hamburg
- Things to do in Northern Germany
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in Potsdam
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Schonefeld
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Copenhagen
- Things to do in Cologne
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Zaandam
- Things to do in Dresden
- Things to do in Frankfurt
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in North Holland