The Hamburger Kunsthalle is Hamburg’s major art museum, focusing on northern European art since the 14th century.
A range of touring and special exhibitions dot the Kunsthalle’s cultural calendar, from sculpture and abstract art to installations.
Highlights of the permanent collection include Caspar David Friedrich’s atmospheric paintings of ice and fog, Manet’s famous painting ‘Nana’, and works by Max Beckmann, Picasso and Klee.
New media and contemporary art since 1945 are hosted in the modern Gallerie der Gegenwart building.
Tours and tickets to Experience Hamburger Kunsthalle
What are Hamburger Kunsthalle hours of operation?
Should I book Hamburger Kunsthalle tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Hamburger Kunsthalle 2021?
What's the best way to experience Hamburger Kunsthalle?
- Hamburg Card
- Hamburg Hop-on Hop-off Tour on Red Double Decker Bus
- Hamburg City Pass: One Day or Multi-Day Pass
- Hamburg Combo: Hop-on Hop-off Tour, Harbor Cruise and Lake Alster Cruise
Things to do near Hamburg
- Things to do in Northern Germany
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in Potsdam
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Schonefeld
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Copenhagen
- Things to do in Cologne
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Zaandam
- Things to do in Dresden
- Things to do in Frankfurt
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in North Holland