Laxmi Vilas Palace
Built by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III in 1890 (and designed by British architect Major Charles Mant), Laxmi Vilas Palace still serves as the residence of the Vadorada royal family. The Indo-Saracenic architectural style of the facade features elements of European, Indian and Islamic traditions, and when it was completed, the palace ranked among the largest private residences in the world.
The equally elaborate interiors feature beautiful mosaics, including a Venetian mosaic floor in the Durbar Hall laid by the Murano Company of Venice over a period of 18 months. Carrara marble, Italian sculptures by Signor Fellicci, stained glass windows from England, paintings of Raja Ravi Varma and Venetian chandeliers put the finishing touches on this magnificent Raj-era palace. The landscaped gardens also house the small Maharaja Fatesingh Museum, worth a visit if you’re already at the palace.
What are Laxmi Vilas Palace hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Laxmi Vilas Palace?
- Day Trip to Champaner Archeological Park & Laxmi Vilas Palace in Vadodara
- Explore Vadodara And Champaner From Ahmedabad With Lunch
- Explore Vadodara And Champaner From Ahmedabad
- 02 Nights & 03 Days Vadodara and Champaner Tour
Things to do near Gujarat
- Things to do in Sasan Gir
- Things to do in Ahmedabad
- Things to do in Maharashtra
- Things to do in Rajasthan
- Things to do in Madhya Pradesh
- Things to do in Udaipur
- Things to do in Mumbai
- Things to do in Chittaurgarh
- Things to do in Aurangabad
- Things to do in Pune
- Things to do in Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand
- Things to do in Uttar Pradesh
- Things to do in Karnataka
- Things to do in Punjab
- Things to do in Jammu and Kashmir