Guatemala City to Flores
Saved to wishlist!
5 results | All Guatemala City Tours
Discover the ancient ruins of Tikal and gain a deeper understanding of Mayan culture and traditions on this Tikal day trip by air from Guatemala City with lunch. Take a scenic flight from the nation’ capital and make your way to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed archeological park in the comfort of an air-conditioned coach. Wander the jungle with your expert guide who will offer up facts, stories and history about the temples that surround you. Get the most of your time in Guatemala with this truly memorable day trip!
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Today you will go back more than 2,000 years in time when you visit the Tikal National Park. You will immerse in the dense forest of Peten where you will find countless of species wandering aroung the area. Declared a UNESCO World Heritage site, Tikal is one of the largest archaeological sites of the pre-Columbian era. One fun fact about Tikal is that George Lucas used it as a location for the first ever Star Wars film, Episode IV.
Visit one of the largest and most important Mayan places in Central America—Tikal—on this all-day tour from the city of Guatemala. After a flight to Flores International Airport, where you meet your tour guide, you will head to the Tikal National Park. Tikal is one of the most important archeological complexes left by the Mayan civilization. It features temples, palaces, and public squares. Remains of dwellings are scattered throughout the surrounding countryside.
Tikal, an ancient Mayan city, is now a national park declared Natural and Cultural Humanity Heritage by UNESCO since 1979. Located in the department of Petén, up north of Guatemala, is the largest prehispanic settlement in the country. The population could have reached the extraordinary amount of 100,000 people during its heyday. With its many temples, pyramids, ball-courts, and palaces, this charming place helps us understand how this city could have been in the old days. The very thought of knowing how this imponent civilization raised from the ground until becoming one of the world's most influential cultures is mindblowing. Spanish explorers found it completely abandoned, but our tour can take you back in time to walk the same paths and see the same forests this large civilization walked thousands of years ago. So don't think twice, and get ready to have the experience of a lifetime! Get prepared to lose yourself in amazement over paradisiacal landscapes!
Feel like Mayan royalty for the day during this day-long trip to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Tikal, with optional upgrades for a private tour and a zipline adventure. Fly from the capital to Mundo Maya Airport for an in-depth exploration of this sprawling 222-square mile (576-square kilometer) Mayan complex of pyramids, palaces and temples. You’ll also get up close with the region’s range of exotic plant and animal life, and even fly above it on an optional zipline tour. This Tikal day trip also includes a guide, round-trip flights and transport, site entrance fees and lunch.
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Puerto Quetzal
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in León
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Pacific Highlands
- Things to do in Western Highlands
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets