Popol Vuh Museum (Museo Popol Vuh) Tours and Activities
Housed on campus at the Universidad Francisco Marroquin, Popol Vuh Museum (Museo Popol Vuh) contains some of the most famous collections of pre-Columbian artifacts in the country. A private research institution, visitors to the museum have an opportunity here to learn about the history of Guatemala. The goal of the museum is to conserve, research and educate people about both the cultural and archaeological heritage of the country. It accomplishes this with its many exhibits within the property.
For starters, the Popol Vuh Museum contains one of the largest collections of Maya art in the world. Visitors to Popol Vuh can expect to see a varied collection within its small rooms, including stone sculptures, pottery and the Lord Bat sculpture. The museum is known for its ceramic collection, which is considered to be the best in Guatemala City, if not the country. Of special note are the collections of funeral urns, censers and ceramic whistles.
A small area within the museum is dedicated to colonial art and includes items like traditional clothing and more.
Tours and Activities to Experience Popol Vuh Museum (Museo Popol Vuh)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Private Guatemala City Museums and Guatemala city sightseeing
- Guatemala City Archaeological and Textile Museum Tour
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in San Luis Talpa
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in León
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in The Cayes