The Castelletto neighborhood of Genoa gets its name from a small castle that once stood on the hill. The castle was destroyed in the late 19th century, but the view from the hill remains excellent – particularly if you're at the “Spianata.”
The Spianata Castelletto – also known as the Belvedere Montaldo – offers commanding views over Genoa, including the old port, the iconic Lanterna, and the historic center of the city. The open space has benches, encouraging you to stop and enjoy the view for awhile. Don't be surprised if you see couples having wedding photos taken up there, either.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Spianata Castelletto hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Spianata Castelletto?
- Panoramic Tour across the "creuze" with a storyteller
- E-bike tour in Genova
- Genoa sightseeing walking tour with a Local through Caruggi and Rolli Palaces
- Genoa City Center Semi-Private Tour with San Lorenzo Cathedral & Rolli's Street
Things to do near Genoa
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Castelletto di Branduzzo
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Asti
- Things to do in La Spezia
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Parma
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Nice
- Things to do in Cannes
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lombardy
- Things to do in French Riviera