The Hill of Tara (Teamhair) Tours
Once the ancient seat of the High Kings of Ireland, the Hill of Tara (or Teamhair) in the Irish language) is a series of grassy mounds with panoramic views over the surrounding land in County Meath. Travel outside Dublin with a day trip to explore the Hill of Tara’s Neolithic burial mounds and passage tombs.
Address: Dublin, Ireland
7 Tours and Activities to Experience The Hill of Tara (Teamhair)
Travel through mystical Celtic Ireland on this full-day bus tour from Dublin! With an expert guide, journey back in time to Boyne Valley, home of the ancient Loughcrew Celtic Tombs, the Hill Of Uishneacht, and the Hill of Tara—a hotbed of archaeological treasures. Along the way, view primeval sites across Meath and Louth counties.
Taking safety measures
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Ireland is known for its castles and for its whiskey, and with this tour from Dublin, you'll get to spend the day experience the best of both. Highlights include visits to the Trim Castle, the largest Norman Castle in the country, the 12th-century Bective Abbey, the Slane Castle, and the Slane Distillery, located right on the castle’s grounds.
Travel through mystical Celtic Ireland on this full-day bus tour from Dublin. In the company of an expert guide, journey back in time to Boyne Valley, home of the Hill of Tara and the Neolithic tombs of Newgrange, a UNESCO World Heritage Site). You also stop in the town of Howth, a beautiful Dublin Bay fishing village, for a taste of Irish culture that dates back to the Viking Era.
Discover Ireland’s historic castles and rich Celtic heritage on this small-group tour from Dublin. Marvel at the prehistoric monuments of Boyne Valley; visit the Hill of Tara, the seat of the Celtic Kings; see Trim Castle, where 'Braveheart' was filmed; and explore the UNESCO-listed ruins of Newgrange.
The Boyne Valley is to Irish people what Israel is to Christians. The Boyne Valley is historically the most important part of Ireland. On this tour you’ll be taken back through the mists of Ireland’s ancient history, spanning over 5,000yrs to visit Newgrange (an ancient passage tomb older than the Pyramids), The Hill of Tara (the old capital of Ireland), Slane (where St. Patrick secured his legacy), Monasterboice Monastery (famed for its elaborately carved High Crosses) and Trim Castle (a mighty spectacle from the 12th century). Why people love this tour: 1. Walk into a tomb that’s over 5000 years old and be moved by its majesty & mystery. 2. Stand atop the Hill of Tara (Ireland’s historic cultural, spiritual and political capital), contemplating its huge significance whilst peering at Ireland’s endless verdant stretches before you. 3. The myths, legends and histories of St. Patrick, ancient Gaelic Kings, battles and societies open up a whole world that you never knew existed.
• Tours pick up and drop off at clients’ hotel. Tour pick up times are flexible but MUST be advised at time of booking. Tours do not include entrance fees. Suggested entrance tickets have been provided as a separate charge with each tour. •Chauffeurs provide a panoramic tour with historic highlights and luxurious transport to and from the sites visited but are not accredited tour guides. The tour descriptions are suggested itineraries, the passengers may visit any other sites within the tour areas that they may wish to visit, time permitting. The driver will discuss any specific requests with passengers on the day. •Visits will include Newgrange passage tomb, Hill of Tara and Trim castle all in the Royal county of Meath.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What's the best way to experience The Hill of Tara (Teamhair)?
The best ways to experience The Hill of Tara (Teamhair) are:
- Celtic Boyne Valley Day Trip from Dublin
- Castles & Whiskey Tour from Dublin
- Newgrange and Hill of Tara Day Tour from Dublin
- Full-Day Castles and Celtic History Tour from Dublin: Newgrange, Trim Castle
Things to do near Dublin
- Things to do in Kilkenny
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Limerick
- Things to do in Galway
- Things to do in Shannon
- Things to do in Londonderry
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Cork
- Things to do in Blackpool
- Things to do in Killarney
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in South East Ireland
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in North West England