In partnership with local Peruvian farmers, the ChocoMuseo Cusco produces high-quality, handmade organic chocolate. Learn every step of the chocolate-making process—from roasting the beans, removing the husk, and grinding the nibs, to refining the paste and making a bar. Explore ChocoMuseo as part of a full-day, private or group walking tour, which incorporates sightseeing excursions to top attractions in Cusco and beyond.
Recent reviews from experiences in Cusco
Things to Know Before You Go
- ChocoMuseo is the perfect spot for chocolate lovers of all ages.
- Chocolate-making workshops are family-friendly and available to all skill levels.
- The cost of a workshop includes all the materials to make chocolates and truffles.
- Handmade chocolates are ready for pickup about 45 minutes after the end of a workshop.
- Enjoy chocolate pastries, desserts, beverages, and chocolate bars at the café.
- ChocoMuseo is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
ChocoMuseo Cusco is centrally located on Calle Garcilaso, just two blocks from the city’s Plaza de Armas and is within easy walking distance from any of Cusco’s main attractions and hotels.
When to Get There
ChocoMuseo Cusco is open daily. Allot enough time to take a fun and informative chocolate-making workshop. At night, Plaza de Armas and the Cusco Cathedral are illuminated in a golden glow, creating one of the most enchanting sights in Peru. Cusco is lovely to visit any time of the year; for the most pleasant weather, visit from June to mid-September.
Plaza de Armas
During their conquest, the Spanish expeditiously plundered and razed Inca structures, often building on top of foundations the Inca so expertly crafted in stone—making Cusco’s historic center a totally unique place in the world. Soak up the mystical energy at the city’s main square, Plaza de Armas where the grandiose Cusco Cathedral watches over from a stepped platform surrounded by solid Inca walls.
- Ausangate Trail
- Plaza de Armas (Huacaypata)
- Cusco Historic Center (Centro Historico de Cusco)
- Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Inca Museum (Museo Inka)
- Pre-Columbian Art Museum (MAP)
- Inca Trail
- Mercado Central de San Pedro
- San Blas
- Cusco Cathedral (Catedral del Cuzco)
- Qorikancha (Coricancha)
- Centro de Textiles Tradicionales del Cusco (CTTC)
- Sacsayhuaman (Saqsaywaman)
- Planetarium Cusco