Paseo de las Musas
Take a stroll through Paseo de las Musas to soak up Chiclayo’s laid-back, friendly atmosphere and enjoy a picnic in the grassy, shaded promenade. Travelers may experience Paseo de las Musas as part of a half-day, full-day, private or group tour that includes the town’s most fascinating sites like the Municipal Palace (Palacio Municipal de Chiclayo), Chiclayo Cathedral (Catedral de Chiclayo), and the Witch Market where a treasure-trove of traditional herbs and healing remedies are for sale.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Suitable for solo travelers, couples, and families.
- Tours may include round trip hotel transfers. Check specific tours for details. *xa0Tours may include admission to various sites.
- Remember to wear comfortable walking shoes, and sun protection.
How to Get There
Chiclayo is the capital of the Lambayeque Department and a three-hour express bus ride north from Trujillo. Paseo de las Musas is located in the center of Chiclayo, an easy walk from the city’s top attractions and hotels. Local taxis are also plentiful.
When to Get There
The park is a popular place to relax and socialize, day and night. Chiclayo’s weather is temperate year-round, with the warmest months being January through March. Come in June for a festival honoring San Pedro and San Pablo, the patron saints of fishermen and farmers; in July, for Fexticum, which celebrates the ancient traditions and culture of the Mochica people; and in August when locals hike to Motupe, a highland village just outside Chicalyo, to mark Cruz de Chalpon with dancing, fireworks and music.
Municipal Palace A couple blocks away is the elegant Municipal Palace, a soaring Republican-style building built in 1919, and so lavish and ornate, the cost of construction was paid in 30,000 pounds of gold. Casting a fairy-tale atmosphere is its four-story clock tower and parallel arches rising high above the streets of the city. For the best photos and the most dramatic appearance, consider visiting the building at night when it is illuminated in all its glory.
- Things to do in North Coast
- Things to do in Huaraz
- Things to do in Lima
- Things to do in Quito
- Things to do in Mindo
- Things to do in Iquitos
- Things to do in Nueva Loja
- Things to do in Paracas
- Things to do in Ica
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Andes
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Witch's Market (Mercado de las Brujas)
- Pómac Forest Historic Sanctuary
- Parque Principal (Plaza de Armas)
- Batán Grande (Sicán Archaeological Complex)
- Municipal Palace
- Chiclayo Cathedral (Iglesia Santa Maria)
- Royal Tombs of Sipan Museum
- Brüning National Archaeological Museum
- Sicán National Museum
- Túcume (Valley of the Pyramids)
- Huaca Rajada (Sipán)