Things to Do in Chicago with Kids
Chicago is blessed with world-class museums, extraordinary skyscrapers, beautiful beaches, and fabulous restaurants—and happily, it’s easy to take advantage of its highlights with the kids in tow. From river cruises and Segway adventures to pizza-themed food tours, here’s how to plan a family-friendly day out in the Windy City.
- Get a bird’s-eye perspective on the Windy City when you ascend to one of its skyscraper observation platforms: the Willis Tower’s Skydeck and 360 Chicago Observation Deck both offer unbelievable views.
- Exploring by boat is the perfect way to make sightseeing exciting for younger visitors. Wend your way along the Chicago River, or even head out on Lake Michigan.
- Chicago is a dream city for museum lovers—and cultural highlights like the Field Museum of Natural History, Adler Planetarium, and Art Institute of Chicago are fun to explore with the whole family.
- If you’ve got older kids in tow, enjoy a speedy way of discovering Chicago’s major landmarks when you zip around town by Segway or by bike.
- Given that Chicago’s culinary specialties include pizza and hot dogs, a wide-ranging tasting tour is sure to please kids and adults alike.