Gibbes Museum of Art
The Gibbes Museum of Art hosts Charleston’s finest collections of art in a fabulous Beaux Arts building in Charleston’s Historic District. With over 10,000 works of fine art, it is here that you can see various glimpses into not just Charleston’s past, but into the Colonial American past as a whole. Featured exhibits include Mary Whyte’s gallery entitled Working South, and Vaughn Sills’ stunning collection of photographs documenting African American folk gardens and their creators.
The Gibbes Art Museum prides itself on its fine art collection and makes an effort to assure that either the paintings displayed or the artists themselves have some connection to Charleston. Laid out chronologically, the Gibbes Museum is two and a half floors of 17th to 21st century artistry culminating in the large stained glass dome, itself worth a few minutes of seated enjoyment.
What are Gibbes Museum of Art hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Gibbes Museum of Art?
- High Society II: Combo Walking Tour with Art & Wine
- High Society: Combo Walking Tour & Gibbes Museum
- Charleston Attraction & Tour Pass for 1, 2, or 3 Days
Things to do near Charleston
- Things to do in South Carolina
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Myrtle Beach
- Things to do in Jacksonville
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in North Carolina