Palais des Festivals et des Congrès
Catch the special atmosphere of the Film Festival by coming in May and taking a private tour. Drive along the Croisette to soak up the glamor of the grand hotels during these special days. If you can’t make the event, tours offer a visit enlivened by colorful anecdotes from the festival’s illustrious history.
Combine a drive to glittering cities along the Riviera such as Nice and Monte Carlo, and medieval villages such as Saint Paul de Vence, Antibes, Gourdon, and Mougins, or Grasse, the world capital of perfume. If you have more time, set out on a multi-day tour to journey through Europe. Tours depart Paris for a trip through the Swiss Alps, Italy to see Milan, Verona, Venice, Florence, and Rome before descending to the radiant French Riviera.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Suitable for solo travelers, couples, and families.
- Tours inside the Film Festival Palace are given in English and Italian year-round except during the film festival.
- The palace is wheelchair-accessible.
How to Get There
Film Festival Palace is located on the Boulevard de la Croisette, easy walking distance from old town (Le Suquet) to the west and the beaches to the east.
When to Get There
The optimal time to see the Film Festival Palace in all its glory is during the Cannes Film Festival in May. Other enormous trade shows that attract artists and celebrities are the International Television Programme Market in April and the International Music Trade Show (MIDEM) in June.
Boulevard de la Croisette This splendid palm-fringed boulevard is one of the most fashionable avenues in the French Riviera. Extending from the Film Festival Palace to the lovely La Roseraie park, La Croisette is lined with grand Belle Époque hotels and villas and French Art Nouveau architecture. The promenade follows the boulevard and the sandy beaches and is perfect for strolling, with the best people-watching on the coast.
- Things to do in French Riviera
- Things to do in Nice
- Things to do in Monte-Carlo
- Things to do in Toulon
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Marignane
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Provence
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- La Croisette Boulevard (Boulevard de la Croisette)
- Port of Cannes (Port de Cannes)
- Castre Museum (Musée de la Castre)
- Le Suquet
- Chapelle Bellini
- Île Sainte-Marguerite
- International Perfume Museum (Musée International de la Parfumerie)
- Gorges du Loup
- Fort du Mont Alban
- Massif des Maures
- Port Grimaud
- Verdon Gorge (Gorges du Verdon)
- L'Occitane Factory