Arromanches-les-Bains Tours and Tickets
Arromanches-les-Bains, with a population of just under 600, is a village on the Normandy coast. But this tiny dot on the map has a huge legacy dating back to WWII, commemorated in the D-Day Museum on the site of the artificial Mulberry Harbor. It was here that hundreds of thousands of tons of equipment were brought to the shores of France by the Allies, and it served as one of the most important military bases of the time.
The museum itself is a must-visit for anyone honoring the heroes of WWII; from working models of vehicles to a panorama of what the its shores looked like at the time to remains of the war strewn about the harbor, it's an unforgettable look into just what an enormous undertaking D-Day was.
Tours and Activities to Experience Arromanches-les-Bains
- Mulberry Harbour
- La Colline aux Oiseaux Park (Parc de La Colline aux Oiseaux)
- Caen Memorial Museum (Mémorial de Caen)
- Abbaye aux Hommes
- Caen Castle (Château de Caen)
- Normandy Museum (Musée de Normandie)
- Caen Museum of Fine Arts (Musée des Beaux-Arts de Caen)
- Abbaye aux Dames
- Pegasus Memorial Museum (Pegasus Bridge)
- Ranville War Cemetery
- Merville Battery (Batterie de Merville)
- Jurques Zoo (Zoo de Jurques)