Cape Byron Tours and Activities
Australia mainland's easternmost point of Cape Byron possesses a number of reasons to pay it a visit: the Cape Byron Light, the Cape Byron Marine Park, and the Cape Byron walking track. Set about 1.9 miles (3 km) northeast of the quaint Byron Bay, Cape Byron lies in the Cape Byron State Conservation Area.
A day trip from Byron Bay can be spent first at the Cape Byron Light – a lighthouse that was opened in 1901 and is still in use today. A climb to the top, through the internal spiral staircase, brings visitors to a glorious viewing platform looking out across the Pacific Ocean, which is a prime place to catch whales, sea turtles, dolphins and other passing wildlife.
Wildlife lovers will enjoy the many sheltered beaches and protected reefs that encompass the 54,000 acre Cape Byron Marine Park. Swimming, fishing (in some areas), kayaking and diving are all possible around Cape Byron, the latter of which is good for getting up close and personal with the likes of sea turtles, fish, rays and sharks. But getting in or on the water isn't always necessary; whale watching and dolphin spotting are popular from the shore.
Catch a bit of fresh air and exercise by hitting Cape Byron's 2.3 mile (3.7 km) walking track. This track takes walkers and cyclists to top attractions such as the Captain Cook Lookout, Palm Valley, Wategos Beach and the Cape Byron Lighthouse.
Tours and Activities to Experience Cape Byron
Frequently Asked Questions
- Byron Bay Whale Watching Cruise
- Byron Bay Combo: Hinterland Tour Including Minyon Falls and Kayaking with Dolphins
- Byron Bay Combo: Minyon Falls and Hinterland Day Trip and Learn to Surf at Byron Bay
- 3-Hour Small-Group Byron Bay Tour
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Rainbow Beach
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia