Brooklyn Public Library, Central Branch (Central Library) Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
Behind its imposing grey façade and bronze-adorned gateway, the Central Branch of the Brooklyn Public Library houses one of the city’s largest contemporary and historical collections of reading materials—comprising over one million books, magazines, and multimedia materials.
Walking tours often include a photo stop at the historic library, which is a short stroll from Prospect Park. Even if you don't have a library card, enter to discover the library’s vast collection. Explore the temporary exhibits on borough history, literary greats, and other relevant topics; settle back with a book, a coffee, and a pastry from the library cafe; or attend a film screening or concert at the Dr. S. Stevan Cultural Center.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The library is free.
- The library has books for all ages, including a dedicated children’s space and an area for teens and young adults.
- The on-site cafe serves breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
- The library offers free Wi-Fi and also has computers available.
- The library is fully wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
The Central Branch of the Brooklyn Public Library is located at Flatbush Avenue and Eastern Parkway on Grand Army Plaza. By subway, take the 2, 3, 4 to Grand Army Plaza and then walk across Grand Army Plaza to reach the library.
When to Get There
The library is open from morning until late at night on Monday to Thursday, closing earlier on Friday and Saturday evenings, with afternoon hours only on Sunday.
The library sits at the northern end of Prospect Park, Brooklyn’s largest and most popular green space. Consider combining a visit to Brooklyn Public Library with a visit to the park. Along with its walking trails, cycling paths, and boating lakes, park highlights include a Saturday Greenmarket at Grand Army Plaza; the Prospect Park Zoo; a winter ice skating rink and summer roller rink at LeFrak Center; and summer concerts.
Address: 10 Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn, New York 11238, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Brooklyn Public Library, Central Branch (Central Library)
No results found!
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Montreal
- Things to do in New Jersey
- Things to do in Pennsylvania