Brunel's SS Great Britain Tours and Activities
Making headlines as the largest ship in the world when it was launched back in 1843, Brunel's SS Great Britain was a revolutionary work of engineering, spearheaded by Isambard Kingdom Brunel. Today, the mighty ship remains an important part of Britain’s maritime heritage, now a museum ship that stands proud on Bristol’s waterfront and draws up to 200,000 annual visitors.
Visitors to the SS Great Britain can explore below deck, dress in Victorian costumes, climb the rigging, and peek into the engine rooms, kitchens and crew quarters. Interactive on-board exhibitions tell the story of the ship’s great voyages, including accounts from passengers, crew, and ship captain, Captain Gray; the ship’s many engineering innovations; and its triumphant restoration and return to Bristol in 1970.
Tours and Activities to Experience Brunel's SS Great Britain
Frequently Asked Questions
- Guided Walking Tour of Suspension Bridge, Clifton Splendour & Old City.
- Bristol Highlights Sightseeing Bus Tour
- Bristol Self Guided Audio Walking Tour (self distanced)
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Cornwall
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in East of England