Story Bridge Adventure Climb Tours
Read MoreShow Less
One of Brisbane’s most memorable landmarks, Story Bridge soars over the Brisbane River at the heart of the city. Walk, cycle, or drive across, but the most adventurous way to experience the bridge is the Story Bridge Adventure Climb, affording 360-degree panoramic views of the city below.
Inspired by the world-famous Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb, a Brisbane Story Bridge climb lets you ascend the cantilever bridge and walk across the summit platform, all while safely attached to a climb line. Various climb options, including dawn and night climbs, an express climb for those short on time, and even the option to abseil back down, landing in Captain Burke Park, are available.
From the top, the views span Brisbane as well as the distant Glass House Mountains, Moreton Bay, and the Scenic Rim.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early to undergo the safety briefing for your 2-hour Story Bridge climb.
- Participants must be 10 years old or older, more than 3.7 feet (115 centimeters) tall, and of reasonable health and fitness.
- No phones, cameras, or personal belongings can be taken on the bridge climb—secure lockers are provided.
- All climbs include a summit photo, and additional photos are available to purchase.
- Climbers are subject to mandatory Breathalyzer and metal detector scans before climbing.
- Jumpsuits are provided—wear light, comfortable clothes and enclosed rubber-soled trainers or hiking shoes.
How to Get to There
Story Bridge, part of Bradfield Highway, spans Brisbane River from Fortitude Valley to Kangaroo Point. The Story Bridge Adventure Climb starts at 170 Main Street, at the southern end of the bridge. Buses and taxis run there from downtown Brisbane, or you can take a ferry from Eagle Street Pier to Thornton Street Ferry Terminal, from where it’s a 5-minute walk.
When to Get There
Story Bridge climbs are available year-round and run in all but the most extreme weather conditions. Depending on your preferences, benefit from cooler weather with a dawn climb in the hot summer months (December–January), and dawn and twilight climbs offer the best lighting for photos. Alternatively, a night climb allows you to admire Brisbane’s glittering illuminations.
Climbing the Bridge
Suit up in safety harnesses and climbing gear, before setting out along the suspended walkway to the southern pylon base to begin your climb. Follow an easy route through the eastern bridge arm, all the way to the summit platform. Walk about halfway across the river, with plenty of time to admire the views and pose for photos atop the famous bridge, before returning to the starting point.
Address: 170 Main St, Kangaroo Point, Australia
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Story Bridge Adventure Climb
No results found!
Things to do near Brisbane
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in Choc
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Brunswick Heads
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Rainbow Beach
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Newcastle
- Things to do in South Australia