Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Opened in 1896 and still a popular spot for an adrenaline rush, the 42-acre (17-hectare) Blackpool Pleasure Beach is packed with fairground attractions, in addition to the 11 white-knuckle roller coasters and simulator rides, gentle family carousels and the UK's only Nickelodeon Land, where kids can meet characters such as the Rugrats and Spongebob Squarepants.
The most popular daredevil rides include the notorious Grand National mega coaster and the 85-mph Big One, Britain's highest coaster at 214 feet (65 meters). The fun park's stomach-churning Red Arrows Skyforce was designed in collaboration with the world-renowned Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team.
Indoor attractions include a Ripley's Believe it or Not!, skating performances at the arena, live musical shows, penny arcades and the Horror Crypt. Other activities include bowling, golf and talent shows, while more than 20 food outlets and shops are scattered across the park. There’s even luxury accommodation at the sleek Big Blue Hotel.
What are Blackpool Pleasure Beach hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Blackpool Pleasure Beach?
- Day Trip from Blackpool to Isle of Man by a Private Plane
- Discover Blackpool and Lake District from a Private Plane
Things to do near Blackpool
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Dublin
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Bristol
- Things to do in Bath
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in North East England