Bubbling Spring Mineral Bath
Located just inland from the more remote southwest coast of Jamaica, the 100-year-old Bubbling Spring Mineral Bath is a perfect destination for travelers seeking intimate, local places off the tourist trail. Even if you don’t have sore muscles to soothe, soaking in these warm healing waters are sure to get you into the proper island rhythm.
Not as well-known as other mineral baths on the island, the cozy Bubbling Spring Mineral Bath is tucked away in Saint Elizabeth Parish, inland and down the coast from Negril. Locals call it the “Healing Stream,” since the mineral-rich waters are said to have curative properties, especially helpful for ailments like arthritis and back pain. Decked out in bright Rastafarian colors, the 6-foot-deep (1.8 meter) pool, waterslide, and cabana give the bath a warm and friendly vibe.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Suitable for solo travelers, couples, and families.
- Kids will enjoy the water slide and a recreational area with a go-kart track.
- Admission is about $20 for adults and $10 for children.
- Remember your swimsuit, towel, and sunscreen.
- Casual fare is served at the on-site restaurant and bar. No outside food or drinks are allowed.
How to Get There
Bubbling Spring Mineral Bath is between Middle Quarters and Black River at Point Hill in St. Elizabeth Parish. Down the coast from Negril, expect to drive about one hour and 15 minutes.
When to Get There
The baths are open year-round, daily from 8am through 6pm.
Land of the Spicy Shrimp Ask a local where to find the best pepper shrimp on the island and they’ll surely tell you about the tiny village of Middle Quarters in Saint Elizabeth Parish. Keep your eyes open for roadside stalls where beautiful Black River shrimp are boiling in salty water in Dutch pots, filled with crushed Scotch bonnet peppers. Before or after a dip in the baths, make a stop and feast on these delicious local treats.
- Things to do in Trelawny
- Things to do in Montego Bay
- Things to do in Falmouth
- Things to do in Lucea
- Things to do in Negril
- Things to do in Runaway Bay
- Things to do in Ocho Rios
- Things to do in Kingston
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in Puerto Plata
- Things to do in Nassau
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island