Top Big Island of Hawaii Whale Watching
41 results | All Big Island of Hawaii Tours
* A traveler said: "We saw lots of spinner dolphins and later a mother humpback whale and her calf. The crew was friendly and informative. Covid-wise we felt very safe although it's outdoors and we were on a moving boat so the likelihood of getting Covid is pretty much 0. We highly recommend this excursion if you're there during humpback whale season."
* A traveler said: "The boat workers were awesome. So helpful. Awesome experience. It's so nice to see the whales right in front of you."
* A traveler said: "At some point we thought we could not see the Wales but some one spot it and the Captain Bob waited for 25 minutes for whale to come back up. We thought he going to give up and we would not see the Wales.."
* A traveler said: "I loved seeing the dolphins. The mother and baby whale. JC (boat captain) was excellent and made the trip fun and informative"
* A traveler said: "Excellent experience. We saw multiple whales, learned a great deal about them, and enjoyed hearing them as well."
* A traveler said: "This was amazing! Totally worth every penny! We had a great time swimming with the dolphins! Would highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Seeing the unicorn fish and learning how fishes can changed back into a female if needed and also the dolphins and seeing Rainbow!"
* A traveler said: "It was awesome to see that many mantas during our adventure. They kept us entertained the entire time."
* A traveler said: "Very professional crew. Would recommend. Might be a bit much for a 5 year old if they have never snorkeled in the dark in the ocean:)"
* A traveler said: "I genuinely loved this experience! We saw dolphins but my favorite part was actually the snorkel at Captain Cook. Shelly and Jen (our captain and crew) were so awesome and knowledgeable."
* A traveler said: "We had such an amazing time! The crew was very attentive and entertaining and the snorkeling was amazing. The most bang for our buck on our trip for sure!"
* A traveler said: "The crew were warm and friendly They took us to a great spot where we saw a lot of beautiful fish and my son thought he saw an octopus in the rocks down under the sea"
* A traveler said: "The crew was awesome. Eventhough I'm in a wheelchair they made sure I had a good time. They also paid attention to my family's sunburn. They let us hold sea creatures."
* A traveler said: "The guide had to delay the trip 2 hours due to personal reason and then had to wait and extra hour before we actually left the dock. Other than that the rest of the experience was completely worth it great experience. We got to see 2 different kinds of dolphins and we even saw a reef shark! Awesome all around"
* A traveler said: "The team was amazing!! The effort they all took to make sure we were safe and had a great time!! The dolphins were absolutely amazing!!"
* A traveler said: "Such a cool experience! The tour guide was awesome and super friendly. Overall, we had a great time. I would a hundred percent recommend."
* A traveler said: "An unbelievable experience! The manta rays are so graceful (and huge) and you see them so close! I am so glad that we did not miss this!"
* A traveler said: "Great trip! Multiple stops. Very informative and a school of dolphins swam through our group. Plenty to see. Well guided and would repeat for sure."
* A traveler said: "We had such a great time! Small group experience, food, fun and knowledgeable crew. Highly recommend"
* A traveler said: "JC and Hallie were fantastic guides with history of the island and taking us to be spots around the cove"
* A traveler said: "Best experience of our visit to Hawaii! Captain Brooke and Liz are awesome. Exceeded our high expectations"
* A traveler said: "We had a great time , Captain Chuck An First Mate Elliott were fun an informative. We will continue to use Captain zodiac for all our snorkeling adventures. FYI, this is our fourth trip with Captain Zodiac."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Nature and Wildlife
- Bird Watching
- Dolphin Watching
- Swim with Dolphins
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Encounters
- Wildlife Watching
- On the Water
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- Breakfast Cruises
- Brunch Cruises
- Catamaran Cruises
- Day Cruises
- Lunch Cruises
- Ports of Call Tours
- Shore Excursions
- Whale Watching
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Adventure Tours
- Whale Watching
- Tours by Duration
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Rainbow Falls
- Parker Ranch
- Imiloa Astronomy Center
- Kohala Coast
- Thurston Lava Tube (Nahuku)
- Kilauea Volcano
- Kekaha Kai State Park (Kona Coast State Park)
- Kaʻu Coffee Mill
- Akatsuka Orchid Gardens
- Hilo Cruise Port
- Hualalai Volcano
- Kaumana Caves State Park
- Punaluʻu Black Sand Beach
- Kolekole Falls
- Kona Coffee Living History Farm
- Hawaiian Volcano Observatory
- Onomea Bay
- Crater Rim Drive
- Hulihee Palace
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer