Belize City Cruise Port Tours
Read MoreShow Less
The Belize City cruise terminal connects the country’s Caribbean cayes with the mainland and the city’s urban center. Most visitors don’t linger here, but cruise ship passengers pass through on their way to inland attractions like Mayan ruins, and it’s also the main gateway for ferry traffic to islands like Ambergris Caye.
Although Belize City is no longer the country’s capital (it moved to Belmopan in 1962, after Hurricane Hattie), it’s still the country's largest city and entry point for most visitors. Thanks to Belize’s small size, it’s possible to head deep into the rain forest or out to the barrier reef even if you’re only in port for one day.
There’s not much to see in Belize City itself, but some shore excursions include a brief city sightseeing tour before adventures like cave tubing, snorkeling, and exploring Mayan ruins at sites like Xunantunich.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Many amenities at the port are only open when a cruise ship is docked.
- If you plan to catch a water taxi to San Pedro or Caye Caulker, check the ferry schedules carefully to be sure you don't miss the last return boat of the day.
- From Belize City, allow 45 minutes to reach Caye Caulker and 1.5 hours to reach San Pedro on Ambergris Caye.
- Be wary of unofficial taxis waiting at Tourism Village; it’s best to go with a prearranged ride from a tour operator or with a licensed taxi.
How to Get to Belize City from the Belize City Cruise Port
Cruise ships anchor in the harbor and then tender passengers to Tourism Village, a bustling but relatively small transit hub. From here, it's just a short taxi ride to the center of Belize City. Most visitors, however, skip Belize City and head directly for the jungles and Mayan ruins in the Cayo District or the beaches and reefs of the cayes. Nearly all shore excursions include transfers from the cruise port.
English is the official language of Belize, and the currency is the Belize dollar. You can find ATMs in Belize City, and many shops and restaurants accept US dollars and credit cards.
Address: Tourism Village, Belize City, Belize
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Belize City Cruise Port
No results found!
Things to do near Belize City
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Placencia
- Things to do in Bacalar
- Things to do in Costa Maya
- Things to do in Flores
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Cozumel
- Things to do in Valladolid
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Petén
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan