Go to Longqingxia on your own, or join a tour to benefit from the insight of a guide and skip the hassle of organizing your own transportation. Many guided day trips from Beijing combine a cruise through Longqingxia with a visit to the Guyaju cave dwellings or a stop at the Juyongguan Great Wall (a mountain pass along the Great Wall of China).
Things to Know Before You Go
Day trips to the ravine from Beijing typically last around eight hours.
Don’t forget sunglasses, sunscreen, and a hat.
How to Get There
While it’s possible to reach the Longqingxia Ravine by public bus from Beijing, the easiest way to get there is by driving or going as part of an organized day trip.
When to Get There
The Longqingxia Ravine scenic area is normally open daily during daytime hours. For fewer crowds, avoid going during Chinese national holidays. Fall foliage puts on a show in September and October.
Longqing Gorge Ice and Snow Festival
Each winter, Longqingxia plays host to a winter lantern festival similar to the popular ice festival in Harbin. During the event, massive blocks of ice are carved into the shapes of animals, human figures, castles, and monuments, and illuminated in colorful lights.
- Things to do in Northern China
- Things to do in Tianjin
- Things to do in Datong
- Things to do in Shenyang
- Things to do in Jinan
- Things to do in Pingyao
- Things to do in Qufu
- Things to do in Xian
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Eastern China
- Things to do in Northwest China
- Things to do in Taiyuan
- Things to do in Okinawa
- Things to do in Fukuoka Prefecture
- Great Wall at Badaling
- Wild Duck Lake National Wetland Park (Yeyahu)
- Juyongguan Great Wall (Great Wall at Juyong Pass)
- Huanghuacheng Great Wall
- Ming Tombs (Ming Shisan Ling)
- Dingling Tomb (Mausoleum of Emperor Wanli)
- Great Wall at Jiankou
- Mutianyu Great Wall
- China Aviation Museum (Datangshan Museum)
- Old Summer Palace (Yuanming Yuan)
- Summer Palace (Yiheyuan)
- Cuandixia Village
- Beijing National Stadium
- Beijing Olympic Park
- Beijing Aquarium (Beijing Haiyangguan)