Top Bayeux Food & Drink
13 results | All Bayeux Tours
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Alex, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about World War 2 history and gave us an unforgettable tour of Utah Beach and the surrounding area."
* A traveler said: "Utah beach and the American cemetery. We loved the way our guide, Tom, managed to involve us in the history"
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Romain, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about the history and current operation of Mont St Michel."
* A traveler said: "Antoine was absolutely excellent. Energetic, knowledgeable, fun, friendly, and timely. Delightful experience."
* A traveler said: "The tour was fantastic and treated with reverance and respect for the lives lost in the fighting. We saw sights which were historically important and awe inspiring. Our tour guide, Tom, shared plenty of fascinating information and data about the events but also passionately portrayed a compelling story of the history of the war. Would recommend very highly!"
* A traveler said: "We enjoyed a comfortable van ride from Bayeux to Mont Saint-Michel. Our guide led us on a tour all the way up to the abbey and through its many rooms and chapels. Along the way, he gave us a thorough overview of the history and many interesting details. The views are phenomenal! After we exited at the top, we had about 2.5 hours of free time to explore on our own and have lunch. Although the abbey is well worth the visit, the street on the way up and down is lined with overpriced, low quality souvenir shops and restaurants (all similar items and similar menus) which kind of diminished the historical mood/value of the abbey. Our van ride back to Bayeux was quite comfortable especially since we were hot and tired from the many steps up and down. Be aware that you must have good mobility and have a good sense of balance for this tour-lots of uneven cobblestone, steps, and pavement. It’s a workout, Overall, still a must do and well worth the visit."
* A traveler said: "If you’re visiting Normandy exclusively for DDay, I highly suggest you book this tour. Distance from beach to beach or from airborne landing area are not as close as I thought they would be. Having a guide and someone to drive you around makes it 10x better."
* A traveler said: "The tour guide was excellent and I would recommend this tour for a family. It was fantastic. My teenagers loved it!!"
* A traveler said: "Great tour and very good and knowledgable guide. Very moving. Did a lot in 8 hours. Worth every penny."
* A traveler said: "The tour was outstanding, but the lunch allowed the small group to interact and tour guide explained to us things other then related to the tour. Seeing the beaches at high and low tide really gave you a feeling of what the soldiers went through on that day"
* A traveler said: "Can not say more about this tour! Our guide was very knowledgeable and gave everyone ample time to see the sites. Definitely recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Our guide Matthew was excellent. He picked us up at our Bayeux hotel at 830am and we didnt arrive back until 530pm. He took us to several sites and was very knowledgeable on all aspects of the Normandy period. I would highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "We really enjoyed our tour with Igor. He was knowledgeable, articulate, and passionate about Norman foods and their backgrounds. We covered several cheeses, including Camembert, cider, Calvados, and pommeau. We visited cheese farms/plants, a cider mill and a calvados distillery. We sampled multiple, high quality products. We drove through beautiful countryside and had an excellent, locally sourced lunch. It is well worth the time as it is an informative and very enjoyable day."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Bayeux Cathedral (Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Bayeux)
- Sword Beach
- Bény-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery
- Airborne Museum (Musée Airborne)
- Bayeux Tapestry (Tapisserie de Bayeux)
- Baron Gérard Museum of Art and History (MAHB)
- Mulberry Harbour
- Ardenne Abbey (Abbey d'Ardenne)
- Brittany (Bretagne)
- Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy (Musée Mémorial de la Bataille de Normandie)
- Lace Conservatory (Conservatoire de la Dentelle)
- Omaha Beach Memorial Museum (Musée Mémorial d’Omaha Beach)
- Merville Battery (Batterie de Merville)