Fran Daurel Foundation (Fundacio Fran Daurel)
See paintings, drawings, prints, sculptures, ceramics, and tapestries by artists ranging from Picasso, Miró, and Dalí to more contemporary Catalan artists, such as Miquel Barceló, Jaume Plensa, and Miguel Rasero. An outdoor sculpture garden offers a lovely green space, and frequent temporary exhibitions round out the foundation’s offerings.
Combine a visit to the foundation with a stop at Poble Espanyol. For extra savings, book a combo ticket that includes the nearby National Art Museum of Catalonia (Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya). Admission is also included with many Barcelona multiattraction passes, along with numerous other city attractions.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Fran Daurel Foundation is ideal for contemporary art lovers.
The entrance fee for Poble Espanyol includes admission to the foundation.
The foundation is wheelchair-accessible.
How to Get There
The Fran Daurel Foundation is located in Montjuïc, within the grounds of Poble Espanyol. Take the metro (line 1 or 3) to Plaza Espanya, or take bus 13, 23, 150 or the double-decker hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus.
When to Get There
The Fran Daurel Foundation is open daily, with closures for Christmas and New Year’s. Check the website for schedules of temporary exhibitions. Most visitors also explore Poble Espanyol during the same visit.
Originally built for the 1929 International Exposition, Poble Espanyol is an open-air museum that showcases characteristic buildings from different regions in Spain. See examples of a Castilian square, Majorcan markets, and Galician houses. A number of craft shops occupy the buildings and offer souvenirs and other gifts.
- Things to do in Catalonia
- Things to do in Tarragona
- Things to do in Girona
- Things to do in Mallorca
- Things to do in Toulouse
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Ibiza
- Things to do in Montpellier
- Things to do in Valencia
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Balearic Islands
- Things to do in Midi-Pyrénées
- Magic Fountain (Font Màgica)
- Spanish Village (Poble Espanyol)
- El Tablao de Carmen
- National Art Museum of Catalonia (Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya)
- Placa d'Espanya
- Saint Jordi Palace (Palau Sant Jordi)
- Olympic Stadium
- Joan Miró Museum (Fundació Joan Miró)
- Montjuïc Mountain
- Botanical Garden of Barcelona
- Montjuic Park (Parc de Montjuïc)
- Montjuïc Castle (Castell de Montjuïc)
- El Raval
- Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art (MACBA)
- Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB)