Pak Klong Talad Flower Market (Pak Khlong Talat)
The largest retail and wholesale floral market in Bangkok, Pak Klong Talad can be visited independently or with a guide who can tell you about the flowers’ use as offerings at shrines and spirit houses. Combine a trip here with a long-tail boat cruise on the Chao Phraya River, or with a tour of Wat Arun and Wat Pho illuminated at night, sampling some street food along the way.
Things to Know Before You Go
Unlike most attractions, the bustling flower market is best experienced at its busiest time—around midnight.
Wandering the narrow lanes of fragrant blooms is not for the faint of heart: the scent of jasmine and kaleidoscope of colors can overwhelm the senses, in the best way.
Don’t forget your camera, comfy shoes, and a bit of extra cash for any purchases.
How to Get There
Pak Klong Talas flower market sits on the banks of the Chao Phraya River just south of Wat Pho, near Chinatown. You can take the Chao Phraya Express Boat to Memorial Bridge (Saphan Phut), stop N6. From here it’s a 6-minute walk directly to the market located on Chakkraphet Road.
When to Get There
The market stays open 24 hours a day. In the late evening, new shipments of flowers arrive from the north of Thailand, and porters wheel crates of colorful wares through the stalls. This is an optimal time to visit, when fewer tourists are around and the shops are full of flowers.
Not Just a Flower Market
Pak Klong Talad starts each day primarily as a vegetable and fruit market before giving way to flowers. Freshly cut flower bundles are often sold in packs of 50 or 100, but you can also purchase hand-strung garlands. After a look around, it’s an easy stroll to your choice of bars and cafes, many overlooking the river.
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Hua Hin
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Koh Tao
- Things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Vientiane
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Northern Thailand
- Phahurat Market (Little India)
- Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho)
- Sampeng Market
- Princess Mother Memorial Park (Suan Somdet Ya)
- Wat Kalayanamit
- Temple of the Dawn (Wat Arun)
- Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew)
- Grand Palace
- Wat Suthat Thepwararam
- Giant Swing (Sao Ching Cha)
- Tiger God Shrine (San Chao Pho Suea)
- Wat Ratchanatdaram Woravihara (Loha Prasat)
- Bangkok NANTA Theatre
- Golden Mount (Wat Saket)
- Democracy Monument