For a feelgood night out with music, dancing and fantastic costumes, head to the Calypso Cabaret. The show is a celebration of Thailand’s transsexual community and culture with a positive message for all to enjoy. From a Marilyn Monroe-inspired act to burlesque performances and traditional Thai dances, it’s a night of high-energy entertainment. How you choose to enjoy the show is up to you—there are a variety of options that include combining dinner and the show with hotel pickup, or the choice to simply attend the show itself.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Book your tickets in advance to save time and money.
- The show venue is wheelchair accessible.
- The show may not be suitable for children under 5.
How to Get There
The Calypso Cabaret Theater is at the Asiatique Riverfront Shopping Center complex. The closest metro (Skytrain) station is Ratchathewi, or you can take the metro to Saphan Taksin and take the free boat shuttle from there. You can also travel by taxi or opt for a combined entry ticket to the show that includes hotel transfers to your accommodation.
When to Get There
The Calypso Cabaret show takes place twice daily throughout the year—plan on arranging your tickets in advance. The event lasts around 70-90 minutes, or longer if you opt for the pre-show dinner.
Visit Jim Thompson House For a complete change of pace just a short distance from the Asiatique Mall, head to Jim Thompson house. The home of American entrepreneur Jim Thompson, who made his fortune importing high-quality Thai silk fabric to countries across the world, the beautiful wooden home in its tranquil courtyard is a complete contrast to the hustle and bustle of modern life in Bangkok.
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Hua Hin
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Koh Tao
- Things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Vientiane
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Northern Thailand
- Asiatique The Riverfront
- Bang Rak
- Sky Bar
- Sri Mariamman Temple
- Rajadamnern Stadium
- Princess Mother Memorial Park (Suan Somdet Ya)
- Wat Kalayanamit
- Temple of the Golden Buddha (Wat Traimit)
- Bangkok Chinatown (Yaowarat)
- Pak Klong Talad Flower Market (Pak Khlong Talat)
- Sampeng Market
- Snake Farm (Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute)
- Phahurat Market (Little India)
- Temple of the Dawn (Wat Arun)
- Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho)