Food Lover's Guide to Bangalore
As one of India's most cosmopolitan cities, Bangalore boasts a diverse dining scene, which offers everything from cosy vegan cafes to cafeterias that serve south Indian staples—not to mention a thriving pub scene. Don't miss these delicious dishes and culinary experiences on your next trip to Bangalore.
Bangalore’s culinary repertoire is influenced by cuisines from across southern India. Breakfast is a big deal; a wide variety of India’s ubiquitous potato-stuffed crepes, known as***masala dosas***, feature on many a Bangalore menu, alongside***idlis***, rice-and-lentil-cakes served steamed or sometimes fried. Though originally from coastal Karnataka,Mangalore buns(soft buns made of flour and bananas) are also worth sampling, as are sweet local flatbreads known as***puran poli***. And if you're into beer, make sure you try some local brews; the craft beer culture is huge in Bangalore, and the city offer multiple pubs to choose from.
- Start your day with a breakfast of dosas and idlis at one of the city’s numerous breakfast cafeterias.
- Learn how to cook south Indian food during a cooking class at the home of a local family.
- Fill up on street foods on a walking tour of VV Puram Food Street.
- Drop in to some of Bangalore’s many breweries on a pub crawl.
- Take a day trip to the countryside for a vineyard visit and wine tasting.