As the name might suggest, the Homomonument, located in the center of Amsterdam, pays homage to the struggles of gay men and women fighting for equity and freedom. The memorial, which includes three large pink granite triangles, was opened in 1987 and is the first in the world to honor gays and lesbians who lost their lives at the hands of Nazis. In 2011, another such monument was erected in Barcelona that was modeled after the famous Homomonument.
Travelers looking to explore the history and culture of Amsterdam may want to include a visit to this iconic destination en route to the Anne Frank museum. Travelers say that while it’s easy to miss, the pink triangle monument recognizing some 600,000 who died during the Holocaust.
Tours and tickets to Experience Homomonument
Should I book Homomonument tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Homomonument 2021?
What's the best way to experience Homomonument?
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise in Classic River Boat With Drinks & Dutch Cheese
- Amsterdam Private Bike Tour with a Local
- Amsterdam walking tour with canal cruise (unlimited drinks)
- Amsterdam city center run tour
Things to do near Amsterdam
- Things to do in Zaandam
- Things to do in The Hague
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Eindhoven
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Cologne
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Flanders