The ancient city of Pella, one of Jordan’s most underrated attractions, is also one of the country’s most important archeological sites. Humans have been living in and around Pella continuously for more than 6,000 years.
Among the ruins in the area are the remnants of a Greco-Roman theater, a Chalcolithic settlement dating back to the fourth millennium BC, Byzantine churches, Bronze and Iron age walled cities and early Islamic residential neighborhoods. Excavations in Pella have been ongoing since 1979, and there are still countless sites left to be excavated.
Pella Tours and Activities
Should I book Pella tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Pella 2021?
What's the best way to experience Pella?
- Private Tour: Full Day Trip of Jerash, Umm Qais, and Pella from Amman
- Private Full Day Trip of Umm Qais and Pella from Amman
- Incredible Jordan in 7 Days
- Discover and Taste Jordan in 8 Days
Things to do near Amman
- Things to do in Madaba
- Things to do in Sweimah
- Things to do in Jerusalem
- Things to do in Bethlehem
- Things to do in Tel Aviv
- Things to do in Beirut
- Things to do in Eilat
- Things to do in Aqaba
- Things to do in Port Said
- Things to do in Sharm el Sheikh
- Things to do in Cairo
- Things to do in Hurghada
- Things to do in West Bank
- Things to do in Red Sea
- Things to do in Cappadocia