Top Akureyri On the Water
19 results | All Akureyri Tours
* A traveler said: "We had the most wonderful experience on this trip. We saw a Hump back whale really up close - he was about 3 metres from our rib. Amazing"
* A traveler said: "Great seeing whales in the wild!!! Highly recommend this excursion for teens and adults. Guide was terrific."
* A traveler said: "This is the best whale watching tour I've ever been on. I know nature is fickle, but I have never seen so many whales on ONE tour! The tours all communicate with each other so everyone gets a chance to see something on their tour. Fantastic!"
* A traveler said: "We sag a humpback whale very long and very close. It was great! There was a lot of Information about Iceland and the sea animals."
* A traveler said: "Good guide, good boats and thermo suits. All arranged like it should be! We were lucky enough to also encounter orcas. I'd recommend gentle giants any day."
* A traveler said: "We got about 10ft from a humpback whale which was awesome. Our guide was really knowledgeable and gave us a lot of information. And I appreciated that they kept in mind the well-being of the whales and not just happy tourists"
* A traveler said: "We (as a group of three) had enough time to travel to all destinations with an adequate amount of time spent at each location, no one was rushed in any way, and we could experience the natural beauty present. The tour guide was very informative about many aspects not only about each stop, but Iceland in general- whether it came to geology or folklore, he always had something interesting or witty to say. My favourite part had to be the mud pots- it looked (and smelled) like you had just stepped on an alien planet, with the blistered landscape inset with roaring steam columns and bubbling acid pools."
* A traveler said: "We loved our day rafting. Our guides were excellent and we made a stop to make hot chocolate from a geothermal spring. The water was cold but we were all dressed in gear so it was very comfortable! Would recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "If your looking for a way to spice up your trip loo no further. The staff is very friendly and going to make your trip I unforgettable! By the end your like family:)"
* A traveler said: "This was an AMAZiNG experience! Highly recommended. Fun, helpful, and knowledgeable staff. Great for kids and families."
* A traveler said: "For people who never seen these beautiful giantic creaturs, it's a must have trip :|For me that was just only a nice time spend, for my girlfirend it was like one of the biggest adventures. The boat is funny on your arrival, crew gives you warm overall in order to protect, and tries to monitor seas in order to find more place to see whales, trying to approach or at least pass as close as possible. Recommended to join! :"
* A traveler said: "Wow, saw over a dozen humpback whales. They put on quite a show. The crew was nice and informative. The boat was comfortable and stable. Highly recommend. Don't forget a hat and gloves, it gets pretty cold on the water."
* A traveler said: "Our guide was highly knowledgeable and so personable. We were able to see a few whales and had a great time as a group! Thanks for a great experience!"
* A traveler said: "Unbelivable fantastic amazing so lucky and blessed to see so many humpback whales"
* A traveler said: "We rode through the beautiful countryside of western Iceland on enthusiastic Icelandic horses. The difficulty level of the ride was perfect for our experience level. Both of us had riding experience but neither of us had ridden English style before and our guide was a great teacher. She was knowledgeable about the area and explained everything we saw. We will definitely go again next time we are in the area."