Yas Island attracts fun-loving families, and sports and shopping fans of all ages. Thrill seekers can enjoy Ferrari World—the planet’s largest indoor theme park—Yas Waterworld’s slides, and the coasters of Warner Bros. World. Motor sports fans can take in the Formula I Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and other racing experiences at Yas Marina Circuit, and shoppers will love the 370-store Yas Mall. Yas Marina’s waterside restaurants, golf links, nightclub, and sandy beach complete the attractions.
Abu Dhabi city tours typically include photo ops at Ferrari World, while hop-on hop-off tours stop at the island’s major attractions. Visitors can prebook Yas Waterworld, Ferrari World, and Warner Bros. World tickets online, or choose tours that include return transfers from Abu Dhabi or Dubai. Other options include Marina Circuit driving experiences and seaplane tours that serve up bird’s-eye island views.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Yas Island is a must-visit for families, adrenaline junkies, and motor sports and shopping fans.
- Consider buying a fast-track pass at Yas Waterworld to avoid long lines at select rides.
- Visitors wanting to be close to the action can stay at Yas Island’s hotels, most of them situated at Yas Plaza.
- Yas Mall and the main theme parks are clustered together and connected by free Yas Express buses, making it easy to hop between them.
How to Get There
Yas Island is a 10-minute drive from downtown Abu Dhabi and 50 minutes from Dubai. Alternative options include cabs or the No. 190 bus that runs to the island from both cities. Otherwise, book a tour to your chosen attractions that includes return transfers.
When to Get There
Yas Island itself is accessible around-the-clock, and most of its parks and venues are open daily. However, be sure to check each attraction’s specific opening hours, as they differ slightly. The busiest times for visitors are between November and March, and on weekends throughout the year.
Must-Do Experiences at Yas Island
Don’t miss the Formula Rossa, the world’s fastest coaster, at Ferrari World. It runs inside and outside, and due to its high speed and the desert air, riders wear protective goggles. Other must-dos include Yas Waterworld’s near-vertical Liwa Loop and Warner Bros. World’s spinning Riddler Revolution.
- Things to do in Dubai
- Things to do in Sharjah
- Things to do in Umm Al Quwain
- Things to do in Ras Al Khaimah
- Things to do in Doha
- Things to do in Manama
- Things to do in Muscat
- Things to do in Salalah
- Things to do in Rajasthan
- Things to do in Red Sea
- Things to do in Kuwait City
- Things to do in West Bank
- Things to do in Maharashtra
- Things to do in Turkish Black Sea Coast