Central Market Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Unlike the ultra-modern malls of the Emirati capital, Central Market in Abu Dhabi pays homage to Middle Eastern souks. Though still contemporary and air-conditioned, its architecture embraces a traditional style and the complex combines local craft-based outlets and food stalls with designer boutiques.
Due to its size, Abu Dhabi Central Market can feel overwhelming for first-time visitors. Tours offer a way to orient yourself among the shops and stalls that sell everything from designer clothes to Arabic antiques, and reveal the best of the souk-style architecture, which encompasses latticed wood and sun-dappled courtyards. Some excursions also include a photoshoot, during which you dress in traditional clothing of the United Arab Emirates and take home a printed photograph as a souvenir.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Central Market is a modern shopping mall with traditional touches; the wide selection of shops and Arabic architecture make it a must-visit for shoppers.
- The mall is home to a rooftop hookah garden and features restaurants and cafés that serve Arabic and Indian cuisines.
- The lower floors of the market are accessible to travelers using wheelchairs and strollers.
How to Get There
Abu Dhabi Central Market is located in the city’s bustling downtown area, off Hamdan Street. Public transportation options to the market are limited, so it's best to take a taxi from your accommodation or visit as part of a tour.
When to Get There
Central Market is open daily until the early hours of the morning. It’s generally busy and provides an escape from the desert heat that peaks around midday.
Exploring Hamdan Street
Located in the heart of Abu Dhabi, Hamdan Street is one of the oldest areas of the city. Towering apartment complexes, hotels, and malls line the wide boulevard. Take time to wander the abundance of historic shops, most famous for selling gold and Arabic antiques.
Address: Hamdan Street, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
1 Tours and Activities to Experience Central Market
Frequently Asked Questions
Things to do near Abu Dhabi
- Things to do in Dubai
- Things to do in Al Ain
- Things to do in Sharjah
- Things to do in Umm Al Quwain
- Things to do in Ras Al Khaimah
- Things to do in Khasab
- Things to do in Doha
- Things to do in Muscat
- Things to do in Gujarat
- Things to do in Rajasthan
- Things to do in Manama
- Things to do in Salalah
- Things to do in Red Sea
- Things to do in West Bank
- Things to do in Maharashtra